Windows 10 Microphone Quality Severely Degraded in Discord when in Game

Discus and support Windows 10 Microphone Quality Severely Degraded in Discord when in Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have seen a couple other threads that are experiencing similar issues with no resolution. Within the past couple of weeks, I started having an issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yankee127, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Yankee127
    Yankee127 Guest

I have seen a couple other threads that are experiencing similar issues with no resolution. Within the past couple of weeks, I started having an issue where when I am in certain games (WZ2, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, etc) and I am also in a Discord chat, my microphone quality will plummet. Sometimes it will degrade and then just stop working all together. My friends say I sound like a robot and they can't understand a word I am saying. Interestingly enough, when I am in the menu on WZ 2 or if I pause Red Dead, the issue goes away. But when I go back into the game it starts up again. The highest I see my GPU getting is about 91% but it never peaks out. I have tried resetting voice and video settings in Discord, changing bit rates in Windows settings, and adjusting every Discord setting under the sun. I have a Logitech G Pro X Wireless headset. Specs for the computer are below

AMD Ryzen 5800x

3080ti

Any thoughts on how to fix this or why it just recently started happening? I feel like it started when I upgraded my Nvidia drivers for WZ 2. But even when I would roll back the driver I would still have the issue.

:)

Yankee127, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi!
    I’m going to keep that in mind if indeed this beta feature was the one causing the problem

Keep me posted if necessary
    For now take care
  3. Yankee127 Win User

Josef,

It looks like a Windows update happened around the time that this happened. Approximately 5 days before I first noticed it. I will see if I can replicate the issue in a third party app tomorrow. I only have the one headset to try. I do have a webcam with a mic that I can see if it replicates with. I will attempt the other options (A thru C) tomorrow as well.
  4. Yankee127 Win User

Ok I think I found the issue. Since it was specific to my headset, I was poking around in Logitech G Hub for the issue. I noticed a feature I had never seen before under my mic settings. Next to the Blue vo!ce settings, there was a tab for Nvidia. One feature is in that tab called "Nvidia Broadcast" and it states that it is in beta. No idea what that feature does. Disabled it and I have yet to run into the issue. Logically, this makes some sense since I was experiencing issues while in games and when it was not paused. If I don't respond again then assume it is fixed!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Yankee
    Just to confirm, your microphone driver is up to date. Right?
    If that’s the case, did you tried (and if available) installing a previous driver for your microphone?

If yes (or if you’re not able to do it) in situations like this the best option is report the problem to both Logitech and Discord

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/

Probably the Discord dedicated app is using more resources unexpectedly when you use this Blue microphone
  6. Yankee127 Win User

Josef,

One of the first things I have tried is using my webcam mic instead. I have not been able to replicate the issue. It appears to be something with the mic on my Logitech headset. I noticed that someone else had a similar issue with their Blue! yeti mic. This headset has a Blue! microphone as well. What would you recommend? Also, I can not replicate the issue when using the browser version of discord.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Microphone Quality Severely Degraded in Discord when in Game - Similar Threads - Windows Microphone Quality

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  4. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  7. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  8. Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11: I have an astro a40. I checked all options and i still have this low volume microphone. I have checked microphone volume and all this things but I still can't get heared by my friends. It is...
  9. Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...: The microphone is too Quite when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X controller on WINDOWS 11 . I tried both Wired and with wireless adapter. The others can barley hear me. I tried...
  10. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...