Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games...

Discus and support Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is infuriating. Something is wonky with the Game Bar; usually on a fresh restart I can press the guide button on my Elite Controller 2 and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kamYe to the, Aug 17, 2020.

1. kamYe to the
    kamYe to the Guest

Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games...

This is infuriating.

Something is wonky with the Game Bar; usually on a fresh restart I can press the guide button on my Elite Controller 2 and the game bar opens just as its supposed to.

After about an hour or so of the PC being on, the game bar will refuse to open when i press the Guide button. It DOES open using WIN+G, but i cant navigate with the controller. It seems that the game bar just starts to ignore my controller (but all my games
    detect it fine).

This has been happening for about 6 months.

TL;DR

1) I am using an Elite Controller 2 with the Wireless Dongle

2) Setting for "open game bar with guide button" is enabled

3) Game Bar works fine with keyboard

4) Game Bar will not open when pressing the guide button

5) Cannot navigate game bar with controller

6) Windows detects the controller, Xbox accessories app detects the controller, all games detect the controller

7) Controller firmware is up to date

8) Windows is up to date

9) When i reboot the computer, it will briefly work. It will then stop responding to the controller after an hour or so. ONLY the game bar will ignore the controller. everything else still recognises it

Please help. Tired of this

:)

kamYe to the, Aug 17, 2020
  2. jlewery Win User

Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games work fine)

I am having the same issue with a normal Xbox One controller connected via bluetooth. Worked fine until yesterday and now the game bar won't open when I press the Xbox button. As above, will open with WIN+G.

Have tried resetting the app and reconnecting the controller but to no avail.

The controller works fine otherwise and can be turned on/off with the Xbox button so don't see it being an issue with the button itself.
  3. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
  4. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Win + G and win + ALT + R for game captures are not working in some games?

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Windows logo key + G on a Windows 10 PC will open the game bar. Is the game bar not showing up on the screen when those buttons are pressed? The article entitled

Use Game Bar to Record Game Clips on Windows 10
    will explain more about using the game bar. We recommend reviewing the article entitled

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10
    if the game bar does not appear when the command is entered. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Recording Bar position adjusting problem.

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to try and help.

Does it not allow you to drag it from the top banner of the game bar? Pressing the Windows Key + G will bring up the Game Bar so believe pressing it again should hide the game bar.

Take a look at these support articles for plenty of information regarding the game bar on Window 10 and hopefully there is something there that can help you:

I hope this helps!
  6. TrujieBeats Win User

Multiplayer on Cloud Gaming PC isn't working

Similar to BINGBONG87

when i do cloud gaming on gamepass it will only detect 1 of my controllers.

Also on Windows 10
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games... - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  4. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  5. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  6. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  7. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  8. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  9. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  10. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...