Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Game Bar support for full-screen mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Game Bar support for full-screen mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we now support fullscreen optimizations for most applications and games. The feature allows users to more... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mister Quimby, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Game Bar support for full-screen mode

In the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we now support fullscreen optimizations for most applications and games. The feature allows users to more quickly switch (alt-tab) from fullscreen games to other applications and allows games
    to use more efficient graphics presentation modes, which can help increase graphics performance. With fullscreen optimizations enabled, you’ll see several other improvements as well: displaying overlays on top of your games, such as the volume slider; preserving
    color changes made in software such as Night Light mode; preserving changes made in the “Calibrate display color” wizard; and others types of color changes.

If you need to disable fullscreen optimizations, it is possible to do so on a per-application basis by right-clicking on an executable file > Properties > Compatibility tab > toggling the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" checkbox.

Note that fullscreen optimizations requires graphics drivers to be WDDM 2.0 or greater. To confirm that you have a WDDM2.0 driver, hit Win+R, type “dxdiag”, and then on the Display tab look for the Driver Model listed on the right.

If you experience any issues which are solved by disabling fullscreen optimizations, please use the Feedback Hub to report them. We want to deliver a great gaming experience on Windows for everyone and we appreciate your feedback.
    If you follow the steps below it will make sure that any feedback you submit has performance information included so we can more easily investigate.

1. Go to
    http://aka.ms/submitgameperformancefeedback
    , which will open the feedback hub to the correct location for collecting performance logs

2. Select Add new feedback, mark it as a Problem (important).

3. Provide any further information about the issue in the details section.

4. Launch your game and get to the issue area.

5. Click the "Start capture" button.

6. Reproduce the problem for 10-15 seconds. Make sure to stop capturing promptly so that the last 30 seconds of the capture clearly demonstrate the problem.

7. Provide any further information about the issue and the captured logs (i.e. first half shows X, second half shows Y) in the details section.

8. Click the "Stop capture" button.

9. Click the "Submit" button to send the bug to us.

:)

Mister Quimby, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Blind Tealus
    Blind Tealus Guest
    Forced full screen

Since the fall windows 10 update, minesweeper now will only do full screen. Please fix this quickly.

Blind Tealus, Jan 24, 2018
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    I can't find the Game mode switch

Follow the steps here for a possible solution:

Step 1: Check that the Game Bar and Game Mode are enabled in Windows 10

First, you need to double check that the Game bar feature is enabled in Windows 10. To do that, open the Settings app and go to Gaming -> Game bar.

There, make sure that you set the switch that says: Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar to On. Also, it is a good idea to enable the setting that says: Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.

Step 2: Set and use different keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar, that don’t involve the Windows key

Some games may block the use of the Windows key and therefore, each time you press it, it is ignored. As a result, if you press Windows + G to show the Game bar on the screen, nothing happens. Microsoft provides a way for you to set your own shortcuts, that
    don't include the Windows key. Read and follow this guide to learn how to change the keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar and all its features: 2 ways to change the keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar in Windows 10.

Step 3: Set your game to run in a window, instead of taking the whole screen

Most games for Windows run in full-screen mode and they don’t have built-in support for the Game bar and/or Game Mode. This is especially true for games that were developed prior to April 2017, when these features were first made available in Windows 10. However,
    if you run them in a window, instead of full-screen, then you will be able to show the Game bar on the screen and use it to enable the Game More, take screenshots, record videos and more.

M3tal Daz3, Jan 24, 2018
  4. xxx P0K3R xxx Win User

Home Button of X Box One controller makes screen flash.

Hi,

I have the same problem on my laptop with windows 10 creator update.

I think that it does this thing when game does not support "Game Bar" in full screen.

After I do not know if it activates a few things ...

When a game supports "Game Bar" game bar open and when a game not supports "Game Bar" screen have a flash screen.

I found this for "Game Bar" game support : https://forums.xbox.com/fr-FR/thread/8d058178-2329-4513-bc0a-1506c2942dad?page=1

I hope someone will be more for explanation why there is this "flash screen".
  5. Tormaz Win User

Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Keeps Crashing after Latest Microsoft Update

Hello!

What do you mean by latest Microsoft update? For the game? Windows Updates? Creator's Update? If you're not currently running the Windows 10 Fall 2018 Creator's update, I would definitely recommend installing that.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I can't find the Game mode switch

Follow the steps here for a possible solution:

Step 1: Check that the Game Bar and Game Mode are enabled in Windows 10

First, you need to double check that the Game bar feature is enabled in Windows 10. To do that, open the Settings app and go to Gaming -> Game bar.

There, make sure that you set the switch that says: Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar to On. Also, it is a good idea to enable the setting that says: Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.

Step 2: Set and use different keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar, that don’t involve the Windows key

Some games may block the use of the Windows key and therefore, each time you press it, it is ignored. As a result, if you press Windows + G to show the Game bar on the screen, nothing happens. Microsoft provides a way for you to set your own shortcuts, that
    don't include the Windows key. Read and follow this guide to learn how to change the keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar and all its features: 2 ways to change the keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar in Windows 10.

Step 3: Set your game to run in a window, instead of taking the whole screen

Most games for Windows run in full-screen mode and they don’t have built-in support for the Game bar and/or Game Mode. This is especially true for games that were developed prior to April 2017, when these features were first made available in Windows 10. However,
    if you run them in a window, instead of full-screen, then you will be able to show the Game bar on the screen and use it to enable the Game More, take screenshots, record videos and more.
  7. l Cobby l Win User

Cannot connect to XBOX one through companion app at all. I have tried all troubleshooting guidance

You can check if your pc it´s updated at https://support.microsoft.com/es-co/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-fall-creators-update
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

Игровой режим [Mod Translation-Game Mode]

Hi ProSlick3489,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

It usually depends on the game as pulling up a game overlay in certain games could change the display settings in-game from Full-screen mode to Windowed mode. Have you checked your in-game settings if the game is set to Full-screen mode? What game is collapsing
    when you open the Xbox Game Bar overlay?

I'd recommend checking the Microsoft Store in case the Xbox Game Bar needs an update.
Thema:

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Game Bar support for full-screen mode

1. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Game Bar support for full-screen mode - Similar Threads - Windows Fall Creators

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  4. Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month: It would be a good option to be able to pay monthly on an Xbox to be able to use Windows and be able to install Steam or use the Xbox for productivity, paying $1.99 per month you can enter Windows...
  5. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  6. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  7. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  8. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  9. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  10. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...