Windows 10 does not recognize the Xbox 360 controller

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognize the Xbox 360 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Play and Charge kit arrived and it works fine, but actually Windows 10 doesn't recognize the controller, I've tried to search everything only to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MasterTapeey, Oct 12, 2022.

1. MasterTapeey
    MasterTapeey Guest

The Play and Charge kit arrived and it works fine, but actually Windows 10 doesn't recognize the controller, I've tried to search everything only to see that links are dead and redirecting, likely due to Microsoft's lack of Xbox 360 support.

Windows 10 does not recognize the Xbox 360 controller [​IMG]

There's one thing I found it, it's an unknown object, in control panel and here's in the device manager it's recognized and still DOESN'T work while changing the drivers. Also Windows 10 is already updated to the recent update. Why does the green rings keep lightning despite these batteries are fully charged and tried to plug to an another USB?

Windows 10 does not recognize the Xbox 360 controller [​IMG]

The controller seems to be working fine, but configuring imput for the PS1 emulator or playing games, Windows STILL DOESN'T RECOGNIZE despite has already listed in device manager and device settings.

:)

MasterTapeey, Oct 12, 2022
  2. TinedPrince9938 Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10 not working

I definitely have a wired unit

windows 10 does not recognize it at all.

I tried installing the software that came with it - device not recognized

I tried uninstalling the software from the installation disc and just plugging it in as directed - - device not recognized

has anyone out there actually gotten the xbox 360 wired controller working on windows 10?

If there are updated drivers I cant find them anywhere
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is not. As Power said wireless controllers are wireless only, and the cable is only for charging. Xbox One controllers can go either way
  4. MasterTapeey Win User

Yes, I'm using Play and Charge cable, it is a wired cable.

Is there's a way to connect Xbox 360 controller without the receiver?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I suspect you're attempting to connect an Xbox 360 wireless controller to your PC using a Play & Charge cable? Effectively making it a wired controller?

I'm afraid this won't work. Unlike Xbox One/Series X controllers, wireless 360 controllers are always wireless, connecting a Play & Charge simply charges the battery or powers the controller if no battery is present. Unfortunately the cable doesn't send data.

The only way to connect these controllers to a PC is via an Xbox 360 gaming receiver. The receiver for Xbox one controllers is not compatible.
  6. MasterTapeey Win User

Hope if I'll try these methods.

Questions you asked:

- I have connected the Xbox 360 controller via Play and Charge, no juice despite listed and connected via USB.

- I'm using Windows 10

- I haven't installed Xinput, but I would give it a try. (Xinput also does not recognize the controller)
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not recognize the Xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - Windows does recognize

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  5. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  6. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  7. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  8. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  9. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  10. Does the t flight hotas one connect to windows 10 pc for microsoft flight simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the t flight hotas one connect to windows 10 pc for microsoft flight simulator: My pc is registering the device when connected by usb, but microsoft flight simulator is not. 02de0492-2e81-4f31-9bd0-590f57a19206