Windows 10 can't see xb1 at all even with manual IP. Same network and everything, whats up?

Discus and support Windows 10 can't see xb1 at all even with manual IP. Same network and everything, whats up? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am on my laptop wireless and my xb1 is connected via a gigabit switch wired. My internet is Verizon FIOS 150megabit down/150megabit up. My connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jarablue, Mar 25, 2016.

1. jarablue
    jarablue Guest

Windows 10 can't see xb1 at all even with manual IP. Same network and everything, whats up?

I am on my laptop wireless and my xb1 is connected via a gigabit switch wired. My internet is Verizon FIOS 150megabit down/150megabit up. My connection speeds are 153/160. Open NAT from XB1 out. This worked at first now I reformatted my laptop fresh with
    Windows 10 and it won't even see the xb1 even if I manually put in the IP. I can ping the ips back and forth but nothing is working.

What is going on? My router is a quantum gateway router from Verizon. It wireless AC and I have no speed issues at all.

Thanks.

:)

jarablue, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Ipharod
    Ipharod Guest
    I get disconnected from my Network once I try to use the internet?

Hello all, I seem to be afflicted by this unforeseen predicament. When I first connect my bridge to the Xbox through the LAN port, the IP address pops up along with the DNS and everything is fine. BUT when I even attempt to test the network connection, it
    quits on me and gives a self-assigned IP address. Manual doesn't work as it says it can't use a static ip address. What should I do?

My one month of Xbox subscription is running out. I bought it at my friend's, so a quick reply would be appreciated.

Ipharod, Mar 25, 2016
  3. shinkowski
    shinkowski Guest
    Error 80151901

I've had error 80151901 since last night and can't connect at all.

I've tried using a wired connection and wifi, the same error occurs on both.

I've tried restoring the factory default network settings. That didn't help.

I've also tried changing the IP address to manual and setting it back to automatic. It keeps giving the error.

I can see the IP address is automatically assigned.

When I run the xbox live connection test, it says there is an IP address error.

I've logged into xbox.com on the laptop with the same account and it works fine.

Any other ideas what I could try?

Thanks.

shinkowski, Mar 25, 2016
  4. jarablue
    jarablue Guest

XB1 was set to strict NAT. I fixed it and it's now in OPEN. Now I can connect it to my pc for streaming. Looks like it being in strict NAT caused the issue.

Thanks.

jarablue, Mar 26, 2016
  5. jarablue Win User

XB1 was set to strict NAT. I fixed it and it's now in OPEN. Now I can connect it to my pc for streaming. Looks like it being in strict NAT caused the issue.

Thanks.
  6. Anstecken11 Win User

New Xbox wont connect to network unless i powercycle router?

FIXED!!!!!

what I did was I made it so the xbox was connected to the network through the old power cycling method, then I checked what ip address the xbox wanted when on automatic... lets say for example it wanted 192.168.1.777(also the same as my first laptop hooked
    up to network) well I then assigned the xbox to go to manual ip address and assigned it the ip address of 777 the computer reassigned itself to for example 776 then I turned off everything and turned everything back on and now the xbox has its own ip address
    that it wants so everything works perfect
  7. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to ceartain network (DNS?)

Hi,

No DNS is not the issue here its just that you can't connect to the wireless network at all, until you can connect to the network it won't get an ip address or a DNS address, even if you manually enter an address it won't help because it isn't connected
    to the wireless network.

The router issues the Xbox an ip address and DNS settings, but it won't until has connected to the network first which it can't at the moment.
  8. Diskonekted Win User

Manual wired IP address changes on its own

Hi Adam,

The IP that you're getting is what's known as a Reserved Private Address and will be on the range of 169.254.x.x. This occurs when the static IP doesn't take and the device (in our case, the XB1) can't retrieve a valid address from a DHCP server.

If this is occurring, it suggests that either the XB1 networking configuration isn't being recognised or that the manual configuration is taken, but the XB1 defaults back to DHCP after it fails to contact the gateway.

Either way, there's two method's to assign a static IP and if the MAC has been configured in your router for a DHCP reservation, then there shouldn't need to be any configuration at the end device. You should only need to configure a static IP address on
    the XB1 if there is no DHCP reservation on the router and you're trying to assign an address OUTSIDE of the DHCP range.

i.e. DHCP Range is: 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.99

But you want the XB1 to be 192.168.1.100
  9. Skedd-9700F2AE-9B45- Win User

Help

This is weird man. When I start up it says that I cannot connect as usual. I can even wait a while, like 5-10 min without doing anything and I still cannot connect.

When I go into network settings, it has my network selected, but IP address and all that other stuff is all zeros. I would normally restore to factory settings and reconnect to make it work. But I waited like 10 seconds then all the information filled in
    by itself, I tested and it worked. I'm going to put it all in manually and turn off to see if I have the same problem.

Thanks for the help so far.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't see xb1 at all even with manual IP. Same network and everything, whats up? - Similar Threads - Windows can't xb1

2. Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10: Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10. The issue sometimes only happens to certain parties as well. I can create and invite friends to a party, but joining theirs is rarely available. I've tried...
  3. Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one: Dear friends, Recently the software add a bug, you can read my issue on the image attached. I like too play from the pc instead to play the console aae3cac4-b8d0-4d5a-b3b8-8d2c44f6c1c9
  4. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  5. I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.: For some time I have been having this issue where every time I try to log into one of my Microsoft applications on my PC a grey window pops up for a second and then immediately disappears. There...
  6. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  7. I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows: I tried adding a server from Shockbyte, but I am unable to activate either the "Play" or "Save" buttons on the Minecraft Servers tab. I have the correct Name, IP server address, and Port, and the...
  8. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  9. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11: Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the...
  10. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c