Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I cannot install Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition via the Microsoft Store. The title refuses to download. I've searched support... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jason_atsv, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Jason_atsv
    Jason_atsv Guest

As the title suggests, I cannot install Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition via the Microsoft Store. The title refuses to download. I've searched support sites, I've followed every suggested fix. I've reinstalled the Store. I've changed download directories. I've cleared caches, etc. Nothing works.

My question is, how do I ALTERNATIVELY download my game, without the store? Or is it a wasted $60 at this point?

:)

Jason_atsv, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

To answer your question, it's required that you download the game through the Microsoft Store or Xbox app.

May I know the error message or error code you got there?
    Are you able to install other games from Xbox/Microsoft Store?

Have you also tried all the suggested steps from the link below like reinstalling the Gaming Services app?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...
  4. Jason_atsv Win User

May I know the error message or error code you got there?

Code 0x80070070

- My install location is set to a drive with plenty of space
    Are you able to install other games from Xbox/Microsoft Store?

- I have no others

Have you also tried all the suggested steps from the link below like reinstalling the Gaming Services app?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

- yes
  5. psycho_aussie Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Disappeared from library

I finally got Forza Horizon 3 downloading on my PC, but I had to reinstall Windows to get it to download.

If you can't see an install link under Forza Horizon 3, when you click to it through the Ultimate Bundle, then your install of Windows 10 might be "broken". Performing a reset might help resolve the issue, but it is time consuming, and will require the reinstall
    of some of your programs (the Windows 10 apps, however, 'should' be reinstalled)
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

Hello Thundershock, my name is zahir

The game download app includes Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and Steam. If you encounter the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue, you can troubleshoot these game download apps through the following ways:

Log out of these apps and then log in again.

Restart these apps.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache.

Repair, reset, or reinstall these apps.

If you are using Microsoft Store to download Forza Horizon 5, the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue may be caused by corrupt caches. You can reset the Microsoft Store cache to solve the problem. Here is the guide:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type “wsreset.exe” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to reset the Windows Store cache.

Then, you can download and install the game again. If the above steps don’t work, you can try deleting the cache folder to solve the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue. Here is the guide:

Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to this path: C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

Right-click on LocalCache and choose Delete from the context menu.

After that, try downloading and installing Forza Horizon 5 again to see whether the issue is solved

I hope this helps
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Windows cannot download

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  5. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  6. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  7. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  8. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  9. Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?: i try to pre-install Payday 3, and the download show error at 7% so i try to redownload it. but when i try to redownload it, it start at 7% and stuck at 0 b/s and cannot be canceled. i already try...
  10. i cannot download maps on minecraft windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot download maps on minecraft windows: i recently purchased the game and was able to download some maps. then tried to download again some maps and the bar makes zero progress 295a3dbd-81a9-49b8-964f-93dd83acf10c