Window store and Xbox app freezing after loading/opening the app.

Discus and support Window store and Xbox app freezing after loading/opening the app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hence the title, my windows store, and Xbox app freeze when I open them, and this happened after I've updated my BIOS to the newest one for the Ryzen 9... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by neilmarlaca, Sep 2, 2021.

1. neilmarlaca
    neilmarlaca Guest

Hence the title, my windows store, and Xbox app freeze when I open them, and this happened after I've updated my BIOS to the newest one for the Ryzen 9 5900x so I can use it. Are there any fixes to this?

:)

neilmarlaca, Sep 2, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?

Uninstall the Xbox app.

Open Windows Update and look for updates, update everything, including optional updates. Restart to apply updates and try again.

Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''Microsoft Store'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset.

Windows key + i again and go to updates and security>troubleshooting>additional troubleshooting and run the solution for Windows Update and Windows Store apps.

After that, install the Xbox app and see if it resolves the issue with both.
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

In order to reinstall the app, please try to open your browser, then go to the Microsoft store official app website to download it.
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there! I hope everything is going well for you!

Regarding your issue, I recommend that you try the troubleshooting steps provided below in order to see if your issue will get resolved.

The first step for you would be to try uninstalling and reinstalling both apps on your PC.
  5. neilmarlaca Win User

where do I redownload Microsoft store?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

MSFS 2020 disks will not load

Make sure that you're using the account used to activate the code on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store

If yes, do this:
    Sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and check again
Thema:

1. Window store and Xbox app freezing after loading/opening the app. - Similar Threads - Window store app

2. Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?: Hi, I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll...
  3. windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...: windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and forza horizon 4 beacuse its write for me that "you may not proceed without being signed in to a profile"...
  4. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  5. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  6. Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store: I have been trying for a solid two weeks to get the Xbox app to allow me to install and play games. For the last year up until about two weeks ago it was working fine but out of the blue it...
  7. apps wont update windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    apps wont update windows store: i am unable to use the xbox app amazon prime app among others each needing an update and when going to the microsoft store I get an error for every app saying something went wrong on our end this...
  8. Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account: My Windows Xbox app is stating "Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account". It is not letting me play cloud games because of this. I am also unable to stream from my Series X...
  9. MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D: There is a game in the MS Store - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Windows Available with xbox game pass ultimate subscription Installed on one laptop drive C, everything is fine And I'm trying to...
  10. Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS: Hello, I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar, etc... But one thing I've...