Window media PC Xbox 360 not working

Discus and support Window media PC Xbox 360 not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My window media center,say configure PC software 0220e20d-9f81-4bab-9201-47776097033b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay Watkins, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Jay Watkins
    Jay Watkins Guest

My window media center,say configure PC software

:)

Jay Watkins, Apr 2, 2023
  2. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox 360 Driver Needed

3. KhajiBower34 Win User

How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

Hello Andrew J, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

To set up Windows Media Center for Xbox 360 to connect to your PC, follow these steps:

To begin, confirm that your PC meets the system requirements for Windows Media Center and that you have a compatible version of Windows installed (Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 Pro). Additionally, make sure your Xbox 360 console is connected to the same network as your PC.

Enable Windows Media Center on PC: On your PC, go to the Control Panel and open "Programs" or "Programs and Features." Click on "Turn Windows features on or off" and scroll down to find "Media Features." Expand it, then check the box for "Windows Media Center." Click "OK" and wait for the feature to be enabled.

After enabling Windows Media Center, open it from the Start menu or by searching for it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup. During the setup process, you may need to enter your region, select the Xbox 360 as the Extender device, and choose the media libraries you want to share with the console.

On your Xbox 360 console, navigate to the "Media" section and select "Windows Media Center." Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Xbox 360 as an Extender. You may need to enter a setup key provided by Windows Media Center on your PC.

Once the setup is complete, your Xbox 360 should be connected to Windows Media Center on your PC. You'll be able to access media files, such as pictures, music, and videos, stored on your PC through the Xbox 360 console.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. UltimateJessica Win User

Question regarding Windows Media Center

If you have a PC with Media Centre and a Xbox 360 then yes, it is still working.

The feature doesn't exist though on Windows 10 or Xbox One.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

While you can't use Media Center with Windows 10 (as Windows 10 doesn't have Media Center anymore), you can still stream music, videos and pictures to your Xbox 360 via DLNA.

To set that up, start the Windows Media Player on your Windows 10 PC, and make sure the Media Player has access to your media files. Usually, Media Player looks for that under "Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\[Pictures | Music | Videos]"

If you use different folders or drives for your media library, you need to add those folders and drives to the Media Player's library.

If your media shows up in the Media Player window, you need to turn on Media Sharing on the Windows 10 PC.

Open the start menu, and type "Control" to find the Control Panel.

In the Control Panel, type in the upper right corner "Media"

Under "Network and Sharing Center" should be a link to the "Media Streaming Options".

If necessary, enable Media Streaming and make sure your Xbox 360 is running.

You should then see the Xbox 360 in the list of available devices. Allow the Xbox 360 to access your PC's Media Library.

Now, on your Xbox 360, start the Music Player, Photo Viewer or Video player, and as source choose your PC from the list.

You should then see the media that your PC shares to your local network.
  6. Tgeekster Win User

Xbox SmartGlass help!!

Thema:

1. Window media PC Xbox 360 not working - Similar Threads - Window media 360

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  4. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  5. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12
  6. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  7. What app can I use for windows media center

in XBoX on Consoles
    What app can I use for windows media center: What app took place of windows media center. 05668c47-61fb-414f-b301-90433d0a696c
  8. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  9. So im trying to link my windows with my xbox 360 with the windows media center and when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So im trying to link my windows with my xbox 360 with the windows media center and when i...: when i put in the link it shows it just leads me to the help center what do i do? 8f47d9f0-1551-489e-ba66-f8a1cfde29a0
  10. Window media center

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Window media center: Window media center How do i active window media center on my xbox 360 i havey code and i only have a WiFi rounter e282698f-e702-4d30-96f9-7e15d75c7bc5