will zune associated xbox gamertags ever become avalible again?

Discus and support will zune associated xbox gamertags ever become avalible again? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so ive been on xbox and there has been a gamertag ive wanted, when i go and click on the profile it has a white wuestion mark with a red/black... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KadenRemme, Dec 18, 2022.

1. KadenRemme
    KadenRemme Guest

so ive been on xbox and there has been a gamertag ive wanted, when i go and click on the profile it has a white wuestion mark with a red/black background with 0 friends or gamerscore. i did some research and found that accounts with that gamerpicture have been created on zune and then associated with an xbox gamertag automatically. now from what i understand is that zune has been discontinued. now i know microsoft has a 2 year inactivity policy that applies to microsoft accounts. but does a zune account tie into that? and if so when does this 2 year inactivity start? ive seen multiple accounts like this and im just wondering because they appear inactive for probably 10 plus years at this point. but i dojt know what microsoft is doing with the zune account database. they may have forgot zune made xbox accounts.? i just want some answers

:)

KadenRemme, Dec 18, 2022
  2. KadenRemme Win User

ah i see. thanks for the detailed response i was just kinda wondering
  3. KindGryphon Win User

so ive been on xbox and there has been a gamertag ive wanted, when i go and click on the profile it has a white wuestion mark with a red/black background with 0 friends or gamerscore. i did some research and found that accounts with that gamerpicture have been created on zune and then associated with an xbox gamertag automatically. now from what i understand is that zune has been discontinued. now i know microsoft has a 2 year inactivity policy that applies to microsoft accounts. but does a zune account tie into that? and if so when does this 2 year inactivity start? ive seen multiple accounts like this and im just wondering because they appear inactive for probably 10 plus years at this point. but i dojt know what microsoft is doing with the zune account database. they may have forgot zune made xbox accounts.? i just want some answers
    Tezzerrific gives the best explanation. As long as they sign into that Microsoft account even once every two years (to check new emails for instance) then the tag will essentially always be theirs.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

no as they are part of a Microsoft account, if that Microsoft account is in use in someway then the tag will never be freed up, as an example, I have an account with a gamertag attached that has 0 gamerscore and no games played but shamefully did use it for zune sometimes (shudders), have had that account for well over 15 years, as long as I sign into that account periodically then that gamertag is mine ( and i use that account for other things, primarily my private email)
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello KadenRemme, this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data like this nor how Microsoft handles discontinued products like Zune.

With regard to account inactivity, the Zune profile, or even Xbox profile, may be inactive, or if the person doesn't use the account to play but uses the account email normally, so it's not disabled.

However, Xbox support might provide you with more detailed information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
  6. TZ xManiac Win User

Inactive gamertags

after 7 years do the gamertags become avalible because trhe gamertag i want has been inactive for 8 years
Thema:

1. will zune associated xbox gamertags ever become avalible again? - Similar Threads - zune associated gamertags

2. Zune problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Zune problems: My 20-year-old 80GB Zune needed a new battery. I brought it to UBreakIFix. They told me it would be $129 to put in a new battery ($140 with tax). Considering that my device holds like 6000 songs...
  3. Access to Zune 32g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Access to Zune 32g: I still have my Microsoft Zune 32g but cannot charge it as the cable does not work. Is there a way to recover my music and photos from my Zune? d8abc7b7-7f45-4338-a1cd-55a4d99e34a0
  4. I can no longer rip cds to my Zune software. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can no longer rip cds to my Zune software. Any ideas?: Is the Zune software still working? I just ripped cd's to my computer 4 weeks ago. Now I can't. Anybody else still using Zune. I love mine!!! Could it be the CD drive?...
  5. Zune 120gb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Zune 120gb: I have a Zune 120gb model 1376, I need to know what generation it is in order to buy a battery. Can someone help please? 7800f760-be11-4a04-a039-55c6c9749a75
  6. 120Gb Zune Gears of War 2 special edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    120Gb Zune Gears of War 2 special edition: Anyone know how can I obtain the Gears of War 2 graphics and video that came on the 120Gb Zune Gears of War 2 special edition? b25a5130-25f4-4a7a-8d92-4b1880ab4f09
  7. zune recognition

in XBoX on Mobile
    zune recognition: When I plug in my Zune it is not connecting to my laptop b1f6621a-50ac-4215-936b-fdb35b6d4f82
  8. Zune

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zune: I take it that my Zune is now nothing more than a paper weight. Is that right, or is there a way to actually get the Zune PC software again? Thanks 9f3d033b-d3bb-443f-b59f-b8da2cb8b8ad
  9. Zune software

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zune software: I recently found my old Zune player, yay!!! I absolutely cannot find a single download for working software. I know that it was discontinued years ago but this is ridiculous! IF no one knows of...
  10. How to sync music and videos from Xbox to my Zune device.

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to sync music and videos from Xbox to my Zune device.: Hi, all. I recently bought a Zune mp3 player on ebay. When I tried to download the software I received an 404 error message. I asked previously if there were any other websites that were...