Will you please consider selling most of your XBox Series X consoles directly to consumers?

Discus and support Will you please consider selling most of your XBox Series X consoles directly to consumers? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I think it's time to ask when (if ever) Xbox consoles will be sold directly to consumers? To be clear: we all understand that there are shortages and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Marc RJ Carlson, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Will you please consider selling most of your XBox Series X consoles directly to consumers?

I think it's time to ask when (if ever) Xbox consoles will be sold directly to consumers?

To be clear: we all understand that there are shortages and issues with supply right now. And nobody is angry that there are not enough Xbox series X consoles to go around. That part of this situation is not anyone's fault.

But I have to be honest that I am really quite frustrated with the scalping situation.

For the entirety of the past year, while nobody I know was able to ever get a console in a legitimate way, it has absolutely ALWAYS been possible to buy one from a scalper. IOW: the scalpers seem to have NO PROBLEM getting a console, even a full year later.

And that really gives us the very strong impression that you don't care about your customers so long as consoles are actually getting sold. Now, I don't know whether or not that is the truth.

But just FYI as a consumer: that is how it looks.

And it's also quite frustrating to hear about the stores like Amazon who sell so many XBox Series X consoles to scalpers for Microsoft to be described as "good partners". Really?

These are the people who profit twice every time that a scalper sells off another console.

Is that really what you would consider to be "good partnership"?

And again, I recognize that this might NOT be the message that you meant to convey.

But nevertheless: that is still how it comes across.

I have no idea if this is fair or not. But it doesn't matter.

The point is: this is how it's perceived by your customers.

So what I want to know is: what is Microsoft going to do about it?

You guys have a really big advantage over scalpers that you have yet to leverage. You already know who your good customers are via gamepass and Xbox live subscriptions. That means you have the means to verify who is a already a loyal customer (and who has bought more than one). You could just sell these console directly to consumers (at least untill there are enough).

And so I have to ask: why not? Why not sell directly to your paying customers?

:)

Marc RJ Carlson, Nov 7, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Will you please consider selling most of your XBox Series X consoles directly to consumers?

Amd announced the console supply issue will end on summer 2022 when the new silicone factories open

Also should be noted it is easier to get an series x if you do all access since scalpers don't like subscriptions
  3. Smwutches Win User

As this is a community forum, we don't have any information on what Microsoft plans to do. Microsoft did have the Console Pilot Program which allowed Insiders only to purchase the console. There's been no word on if they'll do that again. Otherwise, the Microsoft Store has had them in stock on and off as well.
  4. GlitchMasterEh Win User

Keep Xbox one X or Sell console. When Xbox Game Series X consoles gets released next year?

Both! Keep your old console until release of the series X, then sell it and if you want, put the money you get towards the series X.
  5. JACKKAV Win User

Xbox series x (Box Only)

People sell empty boxes because it helps the resale value of an item.

Its strange that its a series x though as its usually the case with older consoles where people are trying to sell them but have previously got rid of or misplaced there own.

You could buy a perfect condition box for $10 but it could increase your consoles resale by $40 - $50 as its looks to a buyer as being more reliable and that you as an owner have taken car of it.

Also people selling are looking to make a quick buck considering the box will most probably end up In the bin anyway
  6. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
Thema:

1. Will you please consider selling most of your XBox Series X consoles directly to consumers? - Similar Threads - please consider selling

2. please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    please help me: In 2021 I got an Xbox 360 with Minecraft on it and a nice hard drive. Three years later the hard drive started making this clicking sound then the Xbox button turn red and E68 error code. I got my...
  3. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  6. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  7. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  8. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  9. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  10. Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please: Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having to repeatedly press the Windows key + Esc key...