Will you guys fix the Gears of War games? They seem to be broken.

Discus and support Will you guys fix the Gears of War games? They seem to be broken. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the Gears of War games on Xbox Series X/S, it seems to me that there is a serious problem with how the backwards compatible versions were created.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by anonymousPlayer_121, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Will you guys fix the Gears of War games? They seem to be broken.

In the Gears of War games on Xbox Series X/S, it seems to me that there is a serious problem with how the backwards compatible versions were created. I’m not an expert on how the original games played because I’ve barely played them. However, the problem is that in the Xbox Series X versions of Gears 3 and Gears 4, in the campaign, in a high percentage of the fights, you can’t die/lose. It is especially evident in Gears 4. You cannot lose because the AI will down you (do enough damage that you fall down and need to be revived), but your AI teammates will quickly revive you, and regardless of whether they revive you or not, the AI enemy rarely has the capacity to finish you off (seems to be limited to certain rare enemies). It’s especially evident in Gears 4, where in difficulty levels below Insane (in Insane you cannot be downed), you can’t die in a lot of the fights. I don’t know how this would apply to the other Gears games, because I haven’t checked, but it probably is an issue there. I think that in Gears 5 you can only be downed and revived a certain number of times during a fight and then you’re dead, so maybe that game is OK. So I would say the Gears of Wars games on Xbox Series X/S are very inaccurate remakes of their original versions and that this detrimentally affects the gameplay to a major extent, to the point that they go from being pretty good video games to awful games. Generally in shooter games, they are not fun if it is impossible to fail. Obviously, I can play other games, but it would be nice if this could be fixed because I want to play the Gears games in a state where they are pretty close to the originals. Also, yes, I could play on Insane, but I shouldn’t have to do that, and the games are very hard on insane even for me, and I’m pretty good at shooter games. I am good at online multiplayer shooters. So I wanted to play on Hardcore difficulty (1) because Insane is hard to the point of being overly stressful (2) the way the game plays is a little bit different below Insane since you can be revived, which I found interesting.

:)

anonymousPlayer_121, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

I am just a volunteer here on the forum. I have no way of contacting and informing them anymore than you can :)
  3. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

I am actually with you on this one. I have seen this difference.

First up, to get it out of the way, no, I don't think this will get fixed. It's a pretty old game with few dedicated and loyal players like you playing. Besides Epic Games made the game with Microsoft only a published. Epic has mostly moved on to Fortnite and stuff.

But, I just want to say, I am with you. The game behavior has changed. But, it is what it is.

I think the solution is already in your post. Just play on insane mode, to get your gaming craves.
  4. anonymousPlayer_121 Win User

Okay. I will play on Insane despite barely being good enough to beat it on Insane. But I don't understand why it is too expensive to fix.

Thank you for admitting that there is a problem. It is hard for me to believe that the original games were like that.
  5. anonymousPlayer_121 Win User

Can you make the Microsoft and/or Gears of War people aware of this so that they at least have the opportunity to fix it?

Also, I wouldn't say I'm an avid fan of Gears of War, I just like video games and they seem to be pretty good and somewhat unique, and I always wanted to play them when they were contemporary but I didn't have an Xbox.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with the gears of war games.

Actually, these games are just backwards compatible games and you are still playing the original version of these games to your new Xbox console. They have not made any remakes to this.

If you believe that this is a bug with the game since you find it really unusual, I suggest reporting this bug on their support page.

https://support.gearsofwar.com/hc/en-us/article...
Thema:

1. Will you guys fix the Gears of War games? They seem to be broken. - Similar Threads - guys fix Gears

2. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  3. i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens: i've had conflict with a few guys for a couple months now, but they haven't been annoying for a while, until earlier today. I had forgotten to block his main account as he always uses an alt for...
  4. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  5. Xbox Cloud long queue times. could you guys fix this?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud long queue times. could you guys fix this?: So, I have been witnessing that Xbox Cloud is having long ques on Fortnite. after the "queue" is done it says "Unfortunately it's gonna take a little longer" and stays like that for hours and then...
  6. will you guys please fix the xbox app for windows?

in XBoX on Windows
    will you guys please fix the xbox app for windows?: why wont you guys fix the Xbox app for windows i simply cannot stream on Xbox because you guys will not fix this issues so if you guys please fix this xbox issue i wont move to playstation...
  7. Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?: Ever since the September system update my console has had a system software corruption issue and I've tried everything even with Xbox support I've tried everything and still nothing and my console...
  8. are you guys ever gonna fix the massive cheating problem you have or have you just given...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    are you guys ever gonna fix the massive cheating problem you have or have you just given...: Please fix the massive cheating problem with cronus or give us the option to only play with console users instead of pc. 6da4ed05-aec3-4fd3-9199-4abcb2f491f2
  9. Can you guys help fix this problem in Minecraft bedrock edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you guys help fix this problem in Minecraft bedrock edition.: In Minecraft bedrock edition on mobile, Why can't I join new servers but I can join the recommended servers just fine, I've reset my settings, redownloaded the game, renewed ports, checked my ip...
  10. Can you guys help fix this problem in Minecraft bedrock edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you guys help fix this problem in Minecraft bedrock edition.: In Minecraft bedrock edition on mobile, Why can't I join new servers but I can join the recommended servers just fine, I've reset my settings, redownloaded the game, renewed ports, checked my ip...