Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?

Discus and support Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if Xbox One consoles will still be able to have the ability to play online after deemed obsolete. Currently saving up for a One X and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FightingRemnant, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?

I was wondering if Xbox One consoles will still be able to have the ability to play online after deemed obsolete. Currently saving up for a One X and not planning to spend more than a One X to get the newer models. Short answers like "Yes" or "No" at the beginning, with reasoning attatched to the rest would be greatly appreciated!

:)

FightingRemnant, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

No. The original Xbox Ones and Xbox One X's have already been discontinued and you can still play online just fine. Same with the Xbox 360.
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox One is obsolete?

I find the Xbox One to be very relevant even today. There are games still being developed for it so I don't see it as obsolete.
  4. spiffy939 Win User

Help!

You need to decide wether you are happy playing older games on the 360 or if you will want to play new games only available on the xbox one.

Personally now that the xbox one has backwards compatibility you would be silly to buy a 360, it is obsolete. There are only about 3 games that I know of from this years E3 being developed for the 360.

My advice is keep saving until you hae the money for a one unless you are happy playing older games on the 360. You will still need a subscription to play online on the 360, MS have said they are committed to the 360 service until 2016 after that who knows
    what will happen with it.
  5. fishyBlazik3n Win User

Not being able to play online

Hi,

There are many reasons why you are experiencing this issue. To properly assist you with your concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to create a lobby and play with your friends before?
    • When did the issue start?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you remove and re-add your profile on your Xbox One. To do this, you may refer to this

link
    . Kindly restart your console before reading your profile.
    I have tried all of these solutions and none of them fix the problem.
  6. Judge Win User

not being able to play online

If you reverted to silver then you need to purchase a Gold membership again to play online, that is why it is giving you that message. In order to play online again, your account will need to upgrade to Gold.
Thema:

1. Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"? - Similar Threads - One's still able

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours): In the Xbox app, my old gamer tag is showing higher then my new one, this is not the case on the website profile, but on the website profile when I go to change my gamer tag, it says my current...
  4. Xbox One S disconnecting controllers with light still on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S disconnecting controllers with light still on: Recently my Xbox one S has been disconnecting my Series s/x controllers, when the controllers are disconnected the light stays on so I have to either wait for the controllers to reconnect on their...
  5. How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?: My Xbox One S is stuck in a black screen, how can I reset it? I’ve tried holding down the start and eject button but it is still black. d4bb21d4-fec9-490c-ba19-ea814f82b688
  6. Is Xbox One Game Streaming to PC Still a Thing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Xbox One Game Streaming to PC Still a Thing?: How do you stream Xbox One games from your Xbox One to your Windows 10/11 pc? The Xbox Console Companion app is no longer supported after August 2023. The current Xbox App for Windows 10/11...
  7. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  8. My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working: Green screen of death on Xbox one 9a566f76-64fe-4f84-bffc-ca4e9b615cc2
  9. I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...: I bought the change twice and no real changes have been made and it's really starting to get frustrating because I refuse to spend just over 29 dollars on something won't actually change...
  10. I was wondering if I am still able to play STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor on the Xbox one s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering if I am still able to play STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor on the Xbox one s?: Just need to know if I'm able to play it on the Xbox one s. c644b142-4f1d-490b-b281-484aa8a2e2db