Will Xbox ever introduce features to prevent the use of banned product modifications (Xims...

Discus and support Will Xbox ever introduce features to prevent the use of banned product modifications (Xims... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, hopefully this forum can be used for others to voice their complaints and questions surrounding banned product modifications, more specifically,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Its Iodise, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Its Iodise
    Its Iodise Guest

Will Xbox ever introduce features to prevent the use of banned product modifications (Xims...

Hello, hopefully this forum can be used for others to voice their complaints and questions surrounding banned product modifications, more specifically, mods used that enable people playing with a keyboard to have aim assist in games.

If you didn't know, you can purchase a device which essentially acts like an adapter to connect a keyboard to the xbox, the problem however is that it tells your xbox you are using a controller, so when these players play games, they are able to have aim assist while using a keyboard, giving an unfair competitive advantage. If you are a competitive gamer, you would have likely heard of these or may even own one such as Xims and Zens.

Now while many games along with xbox prohibit the use of these mods, its very rarely punished because its difficult to fully tell that a player is using it. At the highest level of games, many games are unplayable unless you are also using these prohibited mods, this poses a threat to many gamers, and can ruin the experience completely.

I'm asking Xbox to introduce a features that can prohibit the use of these mods. I'm sure this may already have been thought of, but incase not, why is there not a system to check what kind of device is being used? It sounds obvious to begin with, but keep in mind, controllers already have IDs and remember data about the users, could there not be a system where your console validates that you are using an xbox official controller? The argument against this is that many people might use third-party controllers, and this might be harder to implement, but could Microsoft not also send out official IDs to big brand companies that allow their devices to also be validated as fair products.

The benefit is here, with this system, players using mods that connect to the xbox would be deemed as non-registered, while I still believe they should be able to play and not outright ban players for this, but when it comes to game developers, they could have the choice if they only allow registered products to participate in their games, giving game developers the tools to finally be able to have a system that prevents these types of cheaters. This software could be introduced in an update if the capabilities are already there, but if not, in the next console produced.

While I understand this may seem like a cost to Microsoft, a new department may need to be made that organizes this whole process, but if Microsoft really wants to do their part to prevent cheaters in games, this is the next step, the future of gaming. I understand I am only one person, with a rough idea of how this could work, but hopefully this brings up a meeting or two, to discuss this idea higher up, by people who could think this through better then I could and potentially implement a system to prevent this.

The issue of these mods is relatively new in the grand scheme of things, but I assure you that it will only become more popular over time, it is best to nip this problem in the bud before the community using these mods become so large that implementing a change like this would cause even more outrage from the cheaters themselves who spent real money to gain a unfair competitive advantage.

Thank you.

:)

Its Iodise, Mar 18, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Will Xbox ever introduce features to prevent the use of banned product modifications (Xims and Zens)

There is currently no way for them to be banned

Microsoft already takes steps beyond most platform holders by including security chips in their peripherals, which are required to authenticate with the console,which mitigates, not prevents the problem by presenting additional obstacles.

Unless it is a Microsoft owned game, you will need to talk to the developers of the game for how they are attempting to detect and mitigate cheating devices. The best place to detect cheating is on the server side, and they own and/or control those servers. Xbox Live is an authentication and matchmaking service, and even if they are renting the servers from Microsoft, MS is only responsible for keeping the technology working, not the programs running on it

If you see someone cheating, report them using the guide, and also use any in-game reporting systems available. They have to know who to look at
  3. Mythic xSagex Win User

Can you get permabanned if you use a modded controller

You can get banned for the modification of ANY Microsoft Xbox 360 product
  4. lilaznman08 Win User

Come Back, Legally

As stated above, using an xbox 360 with ANY unauthorized modification is against the TOS and is subject to action taken by microsoft. Penalties include (but not limited to) banning of said console and account banning. To prevent yourself from running into
    this problem, buy a new console from a reputable dealer.
  5. chj2363 Win User

THIS CENSORSHIP IS DISGUSTING

Make sure all the content currently on the console has been paid for. An exploit currently being used by people does not require modification of the console. Also console modifications are not the only reason for banning a console. Have you ever experienced
    the helicopter on Uno? They ban consoles for many things.
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox Rules

I never knew that Xim is a an unlicensed product.
Thema:

1. Will Xbox ever introduce features to prevent the use of banned product modifications (Xims... - Similar Threads - ever introduce features

2. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  3. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  4. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  5. Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...: I recently was given a permanent ban because my gamer pic “violated the Community Standards.” The pic in question was of Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott photoshopped with a beard and...
  6. Will this ever happen? Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will this ever happen? Xbox?: I'm a game developer and a long time Xbox fan I've been using Xbox for 12 years or maybe more I've loved playing Minecraft for the 360 and I have a question? Will there ever be a app where I can...
  7. Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed?: Ever since the last month, I'm having a lot of issues with the Game Bar, since it does not capture my microphone unless the Game Bar is on screen. I have to repair and reset it everytime for it to...
  8. Original (the only ones I've ever had) MSA and PSN not linking with each other for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original (the only ones I've ever had) MSA and PSN not linking with each other for...: My PlayStation account got unlinked from my MSA at some point in the last couple years and it won't let me reconnect them. It is the same MSA that's always been linked to my PSN, had both for...
  9. When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005: Windows is up to date and everything is how it should be but error 0x80070005 popped up out of no where and does not allow me to download games 0x80070005 pops up I've seen different types of...
  10. Will Wall.E ever be available on the series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Wall.E ever be available on the series X?: Hi peeps, Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge, but it has been at least 25 years since I have owned a console. Excuses out the way, my son who has autism has got obsessed with Wall.E...