Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?

Discus and support Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I add an alt account(I think that's what it's called) to my Microsoft account, will I be able to use that one to sign me into xbox. Wanting to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mr. Tuxedoe, Nov 9, 2021.

  1. Mr. Tuxedoe
    Mr. Tuxedoe Guest

    Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?


    If I add an alt account(I think that's what it's called) to my Microsoft account, will I be able to use that one to sign me into xbox.

    Wanting to know to make sure I am not accidentally making a new xbox profile.

    :)
     
    Mr. Tuxedoe, Nov 9, 2021
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?

    Unfortunately not. Only the email it is addressed to will receive the mail.
  3. Mr. Tuxedoe Win User

    Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?

    Also if email is sent to the primary will it also be sent to the alternate. Thanks for the reply
  4. Jesse E' Win User

    Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Yes, you can sign in with an Alias account.

    See more here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro....

    Hope this helps
  5. ArminatorX Win User

    Trying to close my alt then my main

    Please sign in to your Main account and press the Xbox button on the controller.

    Go to System> Settings> Account> Sign in, Security & Passkey.

    Check under "Show on Home" which email is used on the main account.

    Now sign into your alt account. Repeat the steps and double check that it really is using the same email (which is normally not possible).

    Should you use a Xbox 360 console, go to Settings, then Account, go to "Your Information" and "Account Security" instead to check for the E-Mail address used.
  6. bowski477 Win User

    My email is taken/linked to an account that is not mine - I want to use this email for my main account, however it wont let me because it's already taken?

    If your current email is an MS address (like Hotmail, MSN, Outlook) it will already have a GT connected to it regardless of whether or not you knowingly created it. You can add the email address to your main GT by adding it as an alias.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
Thema:

Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email?

Loading...
  1. Will using the alt Microsoft email sign in on xbox like using the main email? - Similar Threads - using alt Microsoft

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate: So I have an issue regarding my network. This only happens with one specific network. I left my Xbox untouched for about a week, not turned on or nothing. I come back and didn't use it for the...
  8. What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console?: I play a lot of multiplayer games mostly Dayz on pc and console. There has always been a problem with people creating several alt account’s to cheat in the game. Xbox allows 32 accounts on the...
  9. Can't sign in to xbox using proper email. Forcing me to use my alt account inwhich I can't...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to xbox using proper email. Forcing me to use my alt account inwhich I can't...: Literally being forced to use an email I CANT ACCESS and there's NO WAY to override it and insert an actual email I can use. Multi billion dollar company btw. Pathetic....
  10. Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...: I've had this issue for a while with my PC and I thought it was a problem with a few specific games, until I bought a laptop. While playing the games on my laptop, I am able to screenshot, alt-tab...