Will there be a transfer cable for One X?

Discus and support Will there be a transfer cable for One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will there be a quick way to transfer games like we had on the 360? I know we can use an external hard drive, but I cannot shell out the extra cash. A... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, Oct 14, 2017.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Will there be a quick way to transfer games like we had on the 360? I know we can use an external hard drive, but I cannot shell out the extra cash. A new console and a 4K tv cost a lot and it’s not worth hearing the misses shout lol.

Will there be some sort of transfer cable to speed it up?

:)

brandiesel1, Oct 14, 2017
  2. NOC Keaka
    NOC Keaka Guest
    transfer cable question

Theres supposed to be a transfer cable, made by madcatz, that can transfer data from one 360s to another 360s.

NOC Keaka, Oct 14, 2017
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Transferring Data From The Old Console to the New one?

Hi there,

-

you should be able to use the official transfer cable on any official Xbox 360 hard drive, so you should be able to transfer the stuff from one (in this case old type) hard drive to another (new type) one.

See this link for the how to and further information:
    support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Not that I know of. I'm going to get a Kinect cable so that I can hook up my Kinect to the X, as only the original console has a dedicated Kinect port. Microsoft sells it for NZ$64.

However if Microsoft did make one, it probably only costs $15 to make but Microsoft will probably charge $50 for it. Or you could check if a 3rd party does it but its still best to use official means.

I got a Seagate slim 1TB external HDD a year ago for NZ$90. It comes with a manufacturer 3 year warranty. Yes things are overpriced in NZ. No wonder so many people are leaving for Australia and NZ citizens don't need a visa to live work and school indefinitely
    in Australia due to a special agreement between our 2 countries.

When the X comes out, perhaps only transfer your most favourite games onto external HDD and transfer to the X. Copy your game saves from your 360 console to the cloud, then you should be able to get them on your X.

Games I'm looking to transfer over are:

- Minecraft

- Halo Reach

- Halo 4

- Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2

- Test Drive Unlimited 2

- Happy Wars

- COD BO2

You don't need a 4k TV for the X. It's like with PC gaming. You don't need a 4k screen to enjoy graphics on ultra, high and max settings, and you don't need it to benefit from the fast processing power for boot ups, shutdowns, and a more responsive UI due
    to the hardware potential. But you're welcome to get a 4k TV. For instance people are enjoying the processing power of an i7 processor on only a 1080p screen and enjoying high visual fidelity on 1080p screens with like a big bit rate that it looks 4k. Actually
    AMD do have technology which helps 1080p graphics look like 4k resolution quality.

Reasons why I'm getting an X is for better QUALITY graphics and a more responsive console (faster more efficient processing power rather than waiting around for a loading screen which is the case with the original version). I watched a YouTube video how
    people who don't have an Xbox One yet, are waiting for the X to come out, as the X is more future proof than the S, and the X offers more value in terms of capabilities, compared with the S (the X being some 40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro).

Also with the X, updates (numerous on the Xbox One) will complete faster on the X, as it has a faster write and read speed (7200rpm) than the 5400rpm on the S and original versions. The type of storage your device has is important. My custom desktop which
    has an SSD completes Windows 10 updates so much faster (download, verify, install) than my HP 15' laptop (which has a 6th gen i5 and 5400rpm HDD). For instance my laptop takes 20 minutes to complete a major Windows 10 update where as my desktop only takes
    3 minutes to complete a major update.

Or maybe you could try a USB-USB cable connect one end to your 360 and the other end to the X, and see if that works. You can get those cables from many places. I think my Samsung S8 has one too. Maybe that will do the trick unless Microsoft has programmed
    the software to not allow that.

But it sounds like a good idea to voice on the official feedback site.

smileskybird, Oct 14, 2017
  5. 1 Gbps ethernet would be most likely, I think.

But so far not much hope. Even the file manager app does not allow anything to/from game disk.

So if built into Xbox OS possibly.

Xbox show DLNA machines in the network - but think that is for multimedia only - nothing executable.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 14, 2017
  6. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    You'll be able to copy games wirelessly from one console to the other.

Xbox on Twitter

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 14, 2017
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Yeah,when the new update comes out you will be able to move everything you want between consoles as long as both consoles are on the same network.

Daft Badger, Oct 14, 2017
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I’m not sure I follow.

Right now I have a lot of digital games downloaded on my One. There will Ben an option to move them over through the network which is quicker than manually redownloading all of them?

Also how will games with gold work? I’m giving my One to my son and most likely I won’t play it anymore. Will he still be able to play the GWG games or will I have to keep it as my home console?

I’d prefer to keep the X as my home.

brandiesel1, Oct 15, 2017
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can pick what things you want to move to your new console.Whether it's quicker than downloading them again I can't say,not tried it myself.I would think it is quicker.

You can just set your new xbox as the home console once you've moved everything over so your son can play the games as well,including gwg.

Daft Badger, Oct 15, 2017
  10. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Thanks Badger. Is there anything i should do now to get them prepped or have to wait to get the new console then pick and choose?

If I make the X my home console, but keep GWG and all other games on the old One even after removing my account, those games will still be playable?

11. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Your account would still need to be on your sons console.

Until you get the new update there's nothing you can do to prepare but as far as I can see it's dead easy to do.

You just go to the system settings,pick what you want to transfer & it transfers it.

If the update is out before the xbox one x is launched,which I think it will be,there is also the option to download any 4k updates for games you own if they are avaialable.

Daft Badger, Oct 15, 2017
  12. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Thanks. There's no way to remove my account from that console? Or should i keep the account on there, but not signed in? I can leave it thee and still be signed in on the X?

13. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gwg licenses work the same as other games. So if they were all bought on your account, you would either need to leave the old console as your Home or your son would have to sign into your account first in order to access the games.
    If you leave the console as your Home, you would not have to leave your account on the console.

Smwutches, Oct 16, 2017
  14. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Thanks smutches. I cannot make the X my home as well then? Only one console at a time? As you can see, game sharing is not my forte.

brandiesel1, Oct 16, 2017
  15. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    You can only have 1 console set as your home Xbox at any time, and you can change your home Xbox up to 5 times per year.

Digital content that you purchase is tied to both the gamertag used to purchase it (permanently, and you can't change that) and whichever console is set as your home Xbox (which you can change). That both gives you some freedom in where you can access your
    content, as you could sign into Live on my console with your gamertag, download one of your purchased digital games and play it, and it allows anyone using your home Xbox to share your Gold sub, digital content and subscriptions.

If you could have 5 consoles set as your home Xbox, for example, then 6 people could get together and share their stuff between them, so only 1 person would need to buy a game for all 6 to be able to play it, and that's one of the reasons why you can only
    have 1 home Xbox.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Will there be a transfer cable for One X? - Similar Threads - transfer cable

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  4. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  5. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  6. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  7. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  8. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  9. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  10. Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    Using an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to upload saves to Xbox One or PC through Cloud: Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to use a SATA cable or Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable that allows you to connect via USB and upload your saves onto the Xbox One or PC through...