Will the numbers of my gamertag dissapear if the original gamertag changes?

Discus and support Will the numbers of my gamertag dissapear if the original gamertag changes? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old account with a gamertag "". However i created i new account and when trying to put the same name, but now i have numbers at then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skealter, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Skealter
    Skealter Guest

Hi,

I have an old account with a gamertag "". However i created i new account and when trying to put the same name, but now i have numbers at then end of it. I did not know this was the case. My other account is now charging me for changing the name.
    If i pay the name change to something else, making my new account the only "" in the xbox ecosystem, will the numbers on my new account dissapear? Or is there some other way i could make that happen? Or do i don't have any options to have the gamertag
    "" on my new account?

:)

Skealter, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Zenosos Win User

I want to change my Gt to an original GT that is not taken but the system wont let me

Hi Milkchocolate1,

since a few months, back Xbox changed Gamertag to less character but included # at end, this is the new system, so changing or creating Gamertags now will give you numbers on the end, only those who kept original Gamertags from before the change get the OG
    tags without numbers.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

How would I switch a Gamertag between accounts if it's over twelve characters in length?

To my knowledge, it isn't released as soon as the account connected to it change it. You can use the gamertag but numbers will be added to it. You won't be able to get the original gamertag you just changed until it is recycle after many years.
  4. kjlappy Win User

Cannot remove 4 numbers at the end of my gamertag

I received an email a few years ago saying I could change my gamertag for free and then it asked me to add 4 numbers to the end. I own the original gamertag I want to switch back to...
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Suffix in my gamertag

The numbering suffix is used to differentiate gamertags. A change to the gamertag system last year enabled users to have similar gamertags to other, existing players, but to distinguish them from the original one, a numeric suffix is used. If you wish
    to change your gamertag, there is a charge of US$9.95 (or local equivalent) to do so.
  6. Daniel Quiñonez Win User

[Gamertag] Are the numbers after the # sign supposed to be hidden in-game? Why can't I go back to my old gamertag?

Im having the exact same issue, the problem is that looking around I saw that after the first gamer tag change it was no longer free and you have to pay for a new gamertag change, wouldnt this be like:

Change my name to something else>hope no one takes my original name>pay for a new gamertag change for a name> go back to the name I already had but without those annoying numbers?

and wouldnt the people who already changed it bc they thought the numbers wouldnt show pay the gamertag change twice? 🤔
Thema:

1. Will the numbers of my gamertag dissapear if the original gamertag changes? - Similar Threads - numbers gamertag dissapear

2. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  3. Gamertag Numbers attached to name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Numbers attached to name?: I understand why numbers are added to names that are already being used. But why are they attached to my name like I typed them in when I did not? Games like Call of duty have this same thing but...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  6. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  7. Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735: I wanted to name myself flexie9400 a few minutes ago, but because the name was alredy taken, they added 4 extra letters without me knowing. im 12 years old and i want my old naeme bak StaniHunter...
  8. How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?: I can’t seem to view the my suffix numbers on the app or the web app so it is either that I can’t view or I don’t have any 24e4488f-1341-4d55-ae19-50746be6897b
  9. My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end: Hi my gamertag is in my old account so when I used the same gamertag on my new one I got the numbers at the end but then I changed my old account gamertag and deleted it but I still have the...
  10. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...