Will my HDD destroy my Xbox 360?

Discus and support Will my HDD destroy my Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good evening. I have just purchased a new Xbox 360 after my old one had become borderline unusable, and I was considering simply plugging in my old HDD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Expo_178, May 26, 2024.

1. Expo_178
    Expo_178 Guest

Good evening. I have just purchased a new Xbox 360 after my old one had become borderline unusable, and I was considering simply plugging in my old HDD to transfer my data. The problem is, I am unaware if the drive was the cause of the corruption on my original console, and I would not like to destroy my new one as well. What should I do? Thank you and good day.

:)

Expo_178, May 26, 2024
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Transfer cable Problems

[quote user="dt2live"]i formatted it to another type of format and now im trying to use it on my xbox 360 again. but it wont detect it.[/quote]Formatting an XBOX HDD via anything other than the console's HDD connector (A PC, a third party transfer cable)
    destroys the custom partitioning and security data applied to the drive at the factory. The drive can never be used again as a 360 HDD.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

HDD Question

A 360 HDD plugged into an HDD port contains custom formatting and security data from the factory. You cannot plug just any HDD into a 360's HDD port. Formatting a 360 HDD using a PC destroys/erases all of the factory partitioning and formatting - the stuff
    that makes it a 360 HDD.

She's dead, Jim.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

HDD problem. Full memory size not being read by XBox.

After a drive is destroyed by formatting, it cannot be used as a 360 HDD again. At this point, your best bet is to pick up a 360 S console with HDD. Legitimate original console 250GB HDDs are somewhat difficult to find.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Old style Xbox's 120-gig HDD problem...

[quote user="Roco06"]The reason why you are seeing 13GB free is because someone had formatted the hard drive incorrectly. Your Xbox is seeing the hard drive as more of a memory unit than a hard drive.[/quote]No, the 360 is seeing it as a HDD if it is being
    accessed via the HDD interface on the console.

It may be a 20GB drive in a 120GB shell, but it's got enough on it to be recognized as a HDD to the 360. Formatting it as a USB MU destroys all of that.
  6. Irixion Win User

XBox 360 Destroyed my disc

If the game is recognized in your console, use someone else's disc to install it. Then boot up with your disc. Resurfacing it will make it thinner and prone to breaking. The notion that the discs get damaged ONLY because you move your console is a lie. The
    discs can move around the drive freely--there is no buffer or magnet to keep them down. A few cents saved, and a terrible design choice.

But no. Good luck.
Thema:

1. Will my HDD destroy my Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - HDD destroy 360

2. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  3. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?: Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD not detected: Why is my Xbox 360 HDD not being detected. I've tested it on PC it works 100% and even connected it to the Xbox using a external it gets detected but why not when it's directly connected...
  5. Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again

in XBoX on Windows
    Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again: Have bought a " Seagate external HDD for Xbox " in order to copy all my clips i have in My feed. Works perfectly well , but now i see you can NOT copy back / transfer back a clip to your console...
  6. E106 Error Code after swapping old Internal HDD back into same Xbox One S HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    E106 Error Code after swapping old Internal HDD back into same Xbox One S HELP!!: Hi all, I swapped my xbox one s hdd to an ssd in 2022. It worked fine and at the time I used the OSU1 update file on a usb to configure the new ssd to work. Today, I felt like using my old hdd on...
  7. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  8. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  9. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  10. Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD: I have an Xbox One X, I was an insider since day one, but a year ago I decided to go normal. Since the new dash, I wanted to try, so I enroll back in alpha. Since I'm playing mostly Destiny 2, I...