Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?

Discus and support Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I sent my Xbox in for a crashing issue for Microsoft to repair it since its still under warranty but unfortunately it was damaged slightly in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kc Barnett, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Kc Barnett
    Kc Barnett Guest

Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?

So I sent my Xbox in for a crashing issue for Microsoft to repair it since its still under warranty but unfortunately it was damaged slightly in shipping so they sent it back. I fixed the main damage which was the side of the console bent outward so I just snapped it back into place. But there's a piece of plastic that chipped off one of the top corners that cant be fixed. Will Microsoft not be able to service my crashing issue if that's there? I understand that physical damage isn't covered by warranty but that's not why I sent the console in so I'm confused as to why they sent it back. The console still functions perfectly so its not like it was damaged to where it doesn't turn on.

:)

Kc Barnett, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Kc Barnett Win User

I know but what I'm saying is I sent it in for a crashing issue. But they sent the console back to me without repairing it because it had physical damage. So i don't wanna send it in again just for them to send it back because of the very minor damage it still has.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Kc,

If it is saying it's still under warranty, you can request a repair service again,
  5. Kc Barnett Win User

The device is still in warranty on that page. the only damage on the console is a small chip on one of the top corners. I understand that physical damage isnt covered by warranty but I sent it in for a crashing issue. So they wont service a in warranty repair if the console has physical damage?
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kc, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

If they sent it back due to the damage, chances are they still won't service it via the warranty.

But, it can still be serviced as an out of warranty device.

When you check your devices page, is the warranty still active?

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it? - Similar Threads - Microsoft able service

2. I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...: So recently, I decided to factory reset my computer due to hardware issues. When I reinstalled Minecraft, I realized that the world that I had spent more than a hundred hours on had went away too....
  3. When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...: When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to play my Xbox 360 games download from the Microsoft store once there taken down from off the Microsoft...
  4. When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...: Hi hope you are well when will South Africa be able to redeem Microsoft rewards on Xbox because it says I cannot log in and I’ve checked on internet and YouTube nothing works...
  5. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  6. If I buy Ark: Survival Ascended on the Microsoft store on my PC, will I be able to use it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy Ark: Survival Ascended on the Microsoft store on my PC, will I be able to use it...: I want to know for this game to see where I buy it. 1ffa5418-cd83-417f-a19c-bd8a7e1272b1
  7. Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...: I've recently installed Minecraft Bedrock on my tablet. From what I remember on my old tablet, my worlds were supposed to be saved on my Xbox account/Microsoft account, so my question is am I able...
  8. am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...: My gmail was used without my knowledge by a random person who switched my microsoft account email and password, i have no way of getting into the account anymore, anytime i try to use my email...
  9. If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...: I have a microsoft account connected to my ps4 for minecraft and i do not want it anymore and i'd very much like to connect a new one to it but you cannot just switch them because it is for some...
  10. I am not able to complete sign in process on Xbox.com. It works fine on Microsoft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am not able to complete sign in process on Xbox.com. It works fine on Microsoft.: After I enter all of my credentials to sign into the Xbox account it seems to work fine, but it never completes the sign in process. The top still shows Sign In and not my account name. If I click...