Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?

Discus and support Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; See the title. It really bothers me that this change was made. I can never go back to most of my old GTs. It’s really really dumb.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by dMv I Shields, May 2, 2023.

1. Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?

See the title. It really bothers me that this change was made. I can never go back to most of my old GTs. It’s really really dumb.

:)

dMv I Shields, May 2, 2023
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?

3. Pxlz22 Win User

Hello dMv! I'm Nicolas an Independent advisor and i'm glad to be able to helping you with your question!

Sadly, there is no way, possibility or information regarding the usage of most than 12 characters.

Some pages on the internet suggest to use an Xbox 360 to change the username, which in there it won't be free but supposedly could use 15, but i can't recommend doing that and not sure if it has been fixed to 12.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Doubtful as people stilll want more gamertag names
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

"It just doesn’t make sense. 15 characters allows more variation"

Yes, it does make sense, and No,15 characters doesn't allow more variation.

Do the math, after understanding the numerous reasons outlined in the link provided earlier.
  6. dMv I Shields Win User

It just doesn’t make sense. Thank you to everyone who responded minus the read the FAQ’s comment. 15 characters allows more variation. Do people really care that there can be Batman #4653? Just weird to me and something that actually seems to limit creativity more than actually giving people more options for names
Thema:

1. Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15? - Similar Threads - Microsoft ever right

2. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  3. Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...: Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to open. This morning it keeps closing out on its own. I think I'm done with MUWG....
  4. Will Xbox or Microsoft ever listen to the Xbox insider community

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Xbox or Microsoft ever listen to the Xbox insider community: Will the Xbox insider community ever get what we want? We all ask and agree for the same things we all want usb audio and mic support, less ads, different home layouts we all agree on wanting the...
  5. Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...: I see the same issue on all different game forums (2042, madden, dark souls, and now STARFIELD). Customers being told to do the same BS copy paste checklist nonsense to attempt to fix their...
  6. Will Shark Dash Ever be Added back to the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Shark Dash Ever be Added back to the Microsoft Store: Shark Dash Hasn't been on the Windows 10 store for a while. I don't want to install an emulator to play a game that was release on Windows years ago because I can't find it anywhere. I've checked...
  7. Do Microsoft rewards support ever reply

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do Microsoft rewards support ever reply: I have sent 6 messages to Microsoft Rewards over the last 2 months about points not tracking and have yet to receive a reply. Is their que really 2 months behind or have they just stopped...
  8. Will Microsoft ever re-enable the ability to access local files and save images on Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft ever re-enable the ability to access local files and save images on Xbox...: I am physically disabled and can't use a computer or any alternate devices. So, Xbox and the Microsoft Edge app was really my only way to accessibly post game clips and screenshots on social media...
  9. Will Microsoft Rewards ever add new rewards in Algeria ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft Rewards ever add new rewards in Algeria ?: I love grinding the Microsoft Rewards points, but the Rewards aren't that much enthusiastic. I would really love if you would like to add more rewards or at least the Microsoft store credit. And...
  10. Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....: I have traffic sent to Europe from Canada any help would be appreciated 700a8b02-df9e-4810-8ae5-b18fe364cf6d