Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox...

Discus and support Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am planning on getting an Xbox Series X on release, but I’m not sure if some of my friends will. Will I still be able to queue with them in games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MasterOfRhaast, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox...

I am planning on getting an Xbox Series X on release, but I’m not sure if some of my friends will. Will I still be able to queue with them in games like Sea of Thieves and other squad based games with them on an Xbox One? What about joining each other’s
    parties? Is stuff like that cross-generation?

:)

MasterOfRhaast, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Is multiplayer for GTA V for Xbox One S compatible with multiplayer for Xbox One Series X|S?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Cross-play is not supported between GTA 5 Enhanced Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. So, Xbox Series X|S players using the enhanced version of the game won’t be able to play with those on Xbox One.

By the way , you can play GTA Online with people using systems in the same console family. If you have an Xbox Series X, but your friends own Xbox Ones, you can still jump into lobbies together.
  3. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Series x and our digital games

Yes you will be able to play all Xbox one games and all games that are on backward compatibility list when the Series X releases. Also will be able to use your Xbox one controllers if you wanted to. I know I will still be using my Elite controller ....
    So excited for Series X...
  4. WaDisMaD Win User

Sonic and Knuckles on Xbox Series S

I bought Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles back then on the Xbox 360. I played them on Xbox One X and even earlier this year on my Xbox Series X, Sonic 3 even supported HDR. However since Sega announced Sonic Origins these games were made unavailable and since then my games don't work on the Series X anymore. They do still work on the Xbox 360. I think this is unacceptable on Sega's part, as I paid for this game and thus should still be able to play it regardless of it not being in the store anymore.
  5. vibrant normal Win User

Could I expect to play online with series x and one

Most likely yes but the xbox one wont be future proof aka wont be able to play certain games in the future the xbox one x will be it will eventually turn into an older console but still will be able to play the game the series x can
  6. charlesbernier Win User

xbox one and xbox series x

Probably yes, because so far we saw that the UI from the series X is the same than the Xbox One, S and X. So yes, you should be able to play with friends on Xbox Series X.
Thema:

Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox...

1. Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox... - Similar Threads - able play game

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  6. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  7. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  8. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  9. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  10. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...