Will game pass (which came with my laptop) stay with my laptop after reinstalling windows?

Discus and support Will game pass (which came with my laptop) stay with my laptop after reinstalling windows? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hey so i'm planning to re:install windows on my asus gaming laptop and when i bought it, it came with game pass 1 month which i have not used, so i was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Divyanshu Yadav 404, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Will game pass (which came with my laptop) stay with my laptop after reinstalling windows?

hey so i'm planning to re:install windows on my asus gaming laptop and when i bought it, it came with game pass 1 month which i have not used, so i was wondering if that game pass will stay even after re:installing.

:)

Divyanshu Yadav 404, Feb 12, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Will game pass (which came with my laptop) stay with my laptop after reinstalling windows?

Hi Divyanshu! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Yes the subscription will remain available in the Pc as long as you use the recovery options of the PC to reinstall the software
  3. badshot2014 Win User

Xbox on other devices error code: 0x409

Same here, I am a proud owner of my lenovo Laptop, that came with windows 10 I download games and played with no problem and recorded them with the DVR feature which I believe came with windows 10. Anyway After a week or two of playing there was a error
    with opening the app It say Try Again Later also saying (0x409). Any thoughts on what to do?
  4. Timequill18866 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?

I bought the game through the Microsoft store on my laptop, which keep in mind has been through a factory reset. But I was to believe it would stay linked to the same account, of which neither the password nor the email has changed. I have two versions purchased
    of the game, one on my xbox, which is labled "Minecraft" and one that used to be on this laptop, purchased through the Microsoft store, labled "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition."

Also thanks for taking time to respond
  5. Ninjetter42o Win User

Uninstalling a game that came with my laptop..?

So i went and figured id mark this as an answer before i actually figured it all out, so it took me forever to find out if i actually own minecraft or not, i never did.. But I do know i for sure own the Minecraft Java Version.

So I went ahead and uninstalled it and it let me re-installed it, but it says i can try it or something but it doesnt mean i own it? This is really dumb, and the minecoin store still isnt working on my laptop, but itworks on my ipad,so now im basically playing
    the game as a trial now after having it on my laptop since the day i got my laptop {march of this year}, kinda very frustrated.
  6. Ninjetter42o Win User

Uninstalling a game that came with my laptop..?

Oh I am aware of the differences between the versions, as I play both, I have the Java version as I accidentally bought it in 2016 I believe and wasn't aware of it, but yes I do have Java, but I also had the Windows 10 version on my laptop as like I said,
    it came with my laptop when I got my laptop for my birthday in March of this year. But when I uninstalled it today, thinking it would fix the Minecoin Store In Minecraft, i restarted my laptop, and tried downloading it again, but now when I go to the game
    in the Store now, it says " play it for now and buy it later" , which I am assuming means I only have a trial version...But it says nothing of that sort when I open the game up.

I may have to contact Mojang or something cause I don't see why I'd need to buy it again when I literally had it on my computer already.

Like, I have the billing info showing how far back I have had it for :(
Thema:

1. Will game pass (which came with my laptop) stay with my laptop after reinstalling windows? - Similar Threads - game pass came

2. Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?: im trying, not on this account, to redeem a 3 month game pass ultimate. when i firsy loaded up the new xbox it told me i could get 3 months free, i clicked the "later" button and now i cant find...
  3. How do i get rid of Xbox games pass that came with my new laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get rid of Xbox games pass that came with my new laptop: I bought a new laptop recently which came with Microsoft Office 365 and Xbox games pass free. I have managed to cancel the Office but i cant seem to cancel the Xbox games pass. Its so annoying as...
  4. I just brought Game Pass thinking it came with Gold, If I convert to Ultimate will I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just brought Game Pass thinking it came with Gold, If I convert to Ultimate will I have...: i brought game pass. I wanted to see if I convert to ultimate will I have to pay 14.99 off rip or will it fall on the next bill?? 82056915-0089-4ab6-aae9-9a0a9d5cba5c
  5. I have a free year of pc game pass that came with my computer that I'd like to give to my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a free year of pc game pass that came with my computer that I'd like to give to my...: His gaming account is different to my Microsoft account and I don't want to give him access to my Microsoft account. 711be123-d01b-4a05-ac86-8790ef38861b
  6. my free Xbox Game Pass that came with my laptop is gone

in XboX Insiders
    my free Xbox Game Pass that came with my laptop is gone: Hello, so i bought a laptop that came with the free 3 month Xbox game pass. I tried to redeem it using my paypal, but then Microsoft told me to input my adress, the problem is that i can't change...
  7. I redeemed a 12-Month Gold. It came with 4 months free Game Pass Ultimate. After 4 months,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I redeemed a 12-Month Gold. It came with 4 months free Game Pass Ultimate. After 4 months,...: Back in April, I purchased a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription off of Amazon. Upon redeeming the code it said that it also comes with 4 months of free Game Pass Ultimate. Now that 4 months have...
  8. My son just set up xbox game pass ultimate (came with Xbox Series X) in an older microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son just set up xbox game pass ultimate (came with Xbox Series X) in an older microsoft...: My son just set up xbox game pass ultimate (came with Xbox Series X) in an older microsoft account. How can I move it to my current one? b24952ef-517f-4bb6-83f6-bda6019e1015
  9. Cant redeem my 14-day trial, Xbox game pass that came with controller. (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem my 14-day trial, Xbox game pass that came with controller. (PC): As the title says, I bought the new Series controller on November 10th, 2020 for use on my Windows PC. The controller came with a 14-day trial XBOX GAME PASS code. Ive only now tried to redeem the...
  10. I know it just came out and all, but please add Dragonball Z: Kakarot to Game Pass or Games...

in XboX Insiders
    I know it just came out and all, but please add Dragonball Z: Kakarot to Game Pass or Games...: Today’s the last day for its sale, May 10th. And honestly I’d totally spend 80 bucks anyways for it, I’ve been waiting for a game dedicated to the entire DBZ original storyline but due to...