WiFI tethering issue

Discus and support WiFI tethering issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use my unlimited data account on my Verizon phone to tether to my Xbox 360.(Its my only internet source available.) Its been working fine for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FireMac2D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. FireMac2D
    FireMac2D Guest

WiFI tethering issue

I use my unlimited data account on my Verizon phone to tether to my Xbox 360.(Its my only internet source available.) Its been working fine for a few days. But today I tried and couldn't connect to live. When I did the network test it comes up on the xbox
    as " Xbox Live: Blocked. How can I fix this?

:)

FireMac2D, Dec 18, 2015
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    wifi issues

cant say i can help much on wifi... i have herd it can be spotty a few posts on xbox direct forum suggest a min and max space between the router and xb1. others have mentioned how the router is setup and how "new" it is and the avaliable speed it can push..

most will say you want it wired for speed... wifi tends to have dips and such in upload/download and will be noticable in most gaming situations. i can even say going wired you may see those high/low speed drops.

i run a gaming router that was a mid/top of the line router few years back.. i had to upgrade from a normal because it just could not keep up with the xb1 in my area. i do have dsl (not commercial) but the basic package.

did they direct you to do a soft reset (holding xbox button for 20 seconds) on console

you can do a netowrk reset. power off router and all that.. turn power off on xb1 for 1 min.(unplug)
    you can go into settings netowrk, advanced, alternative mac addy, reset it.. it will restart the xb1 but when it restarts it will reset the wifi and netowrk all together..

unfortunatly i cant say if any or all will work.. but i can say if its an issue odds are it wont go away you will learn what ones work for you over others. i get issues from time to time and recently with anamous and lizard squad its not a netowrk issue but a ddos shut down of xbox servers all together.. one of those things you need to have multiple ways of checking with microsoft to see what services are down.

sc_shark, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Now I'm on the Fence

It won't need to connect 24/7, just once a day or something for single player games. If you have a phone that allows WiFi tethering you can use that also when you visit grandfolks. Pretty much any smartphone will do that nowadays.

Skeeter Quill, Dec 18, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

WiFI tethering issue

Sorry to hear it. I believe that I recently heard in the news that some companies were going to block some services from access. Please contact Verizon to see if that's the case here as it does sound as though the blockage is coming from their end.

onyxishere, Dec 18, 2015
  5. FireMac2D
    FireMac2D Guest
    It doesn't seem to be why. As I said it does work for a few days then stops. Won't work for a few more days or more then work again.

FireMac2D, Dec 18, 2015
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    That's because lte modems are too inconsistent

It's recommended you use a landlines modem for multilayer gaming

ngocphi, Oct 31, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

WiFI tethering issue

Sorry to hear it. I believe that I recently heard in the news that some companies were going to block some services from access. Please contact Verizon to see if that's the case here as it does sound as though the blockage is coming from their end.
  8. FireMac2D Win User

WiFI tethering issue

It doesn't seem to be why. As I said it does work for a few days then stops. Won't work for a few more days or more then work again.
  9. ngocphi Win User

WiFI tethering issue

That's because lte modems are too inconsistent

It's recommended you use a landlines modem for multilayer gaming
  10. kyle_m4496 Win User

p2p/sig errors 100 and 102

There may be an issue with your internet connection. If you're using WiFi, I advise trying a LAN cable connection instead if possible. If the issue persists over LAN, or you can not use a LAN cable, you could test a different WiFi network such as a mobile hotspot to help diagnose this issue. If your PC does not have WiFi, most phones support hotspot tethering via a USB cable.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  11. PWNRR Win User

D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable

You could get a wifi repeater that has ethernet ports, and tether that to the router. Never seen a router without ethernet ports
Thema:

WiFI tethering issue

1. WiFI tethering issue - Similar Threads - WiFI tethering issue

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  7. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  8. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  9. Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.: So, I am not very smart when it comes to technology and this is my boyfriends Xbox One that is not working. He has had this for years and it has worked perfectly until the last couple of days. It...
  10. Wifi connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connection.: I just got an xbox series x and it won't connect to the wifi. It says my password is incorrect. 5dff2def-f696-473a-a4c1-c8cb04521e7a