WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

Discus and support WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zach Hamed, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Zach Hamed
    Zach Hamed Guest

Hi all,

I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to connect to WiFi and run at high level speeds. Our ethernet is near 1GB speed and our WiFi speeds it just over 200 Mb/s. Btw, I am running Windows 11 Pro.

Any time i load into a game lobby for example Fortnite, speeds drop to like 60 Mb/s. As soon as I load into the Fortnite match itself, speeds drop to litterally 1 Mb/s and the game cannot even render anything. I have no clue. I checked alot of my configurations and nothing seems out of the sorts. I run this on my Xbox and everything is high speeds.

If anyone can provide any insight, it would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

Zach

:)

Zach Hamed, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Zach Hamed,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing slow speed in loading game through Xbox app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform to help resolve the issue.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Update your Windows and device drivers

> For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

3. Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Additionally, we have also found a similar thread that describe slow download speeds on PC Xbox app, and we can try the solution provided by one of the community members which helped resolve the issue. Here are the solutions provided by sAp832: You can find the thread link here: Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App - Microsoft Community

• Open PowerShell as administrator.
    • Enter this command -> netsh interface tcp show global.
    • Find the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" if it was set to disabled.
    • To enable it, enter this command -> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
    • You can enter the command at step 2 to validate that the Auto-tuning is set to "normal"
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Zach Hamed,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Godspeedsi Win User

Terrible YouTube app update!

The new version is horrible! The fixed some things but made everything else worse.
  5. Justinwiu75 Win User

Fast Internet slow download

I have been using speed test for years ping 18 up load 2 mbs and 15 mbs average everything works great except my downloads from xbox live. Netflix fine downloads horrible
  6. Rah49er Win User

XBox 360S Wont connect to Xfinity Gateway(**** 862G)

It's just strange how everything else in the house works-PS3, Ipad, Ipod, Laptop, PC, Kindle and even my old wireless xbox adapter from my older xbox so why would the internal wifi on the new xbox not connect?
Thema:

1. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC - Similar Threads - WiFi speeds are

2. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  3. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  4. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47: Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba
  5. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...
  6. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  7. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wifi speed vs Xbox speed: Wifi speed vs Xbox speed Is this normal? Hello everyone. My wifi speed indicates 100mbts on my Phone but my Xbox is linked directly with an rj45 To my router and I am getting between 10 and...
  10. : WiFi Speed/Latency

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : WiFi Speed/Latency: : WiFi Speed/Latency The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download speed. On rare occations it is very good (like it...