WiFi and controller disconnecting

Discus and support WiFi and controller disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I got an Xbox series s yesterday and am having a few issues with it. For some reason it keeps going offline as well as the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonathan Harris1, Sep 9, 2022.

1. WiFi and controller disconnecting

Hello, I got an Xbox series s yesterday and am having a few issues with it. For some reason it keeps going offline as well as the controller disconnecting. The controller seems to reconnect after about a minute however clearly it should not be frequently disconnecting. When the Xbox goes offline, it does not show any Wi-Fi’s to join at all. Yet all my other devices are working fine on the Wi-Fi with no issues.

It seems the only way for the Xbox to go back online is to turn the power off, unplug it, wait a few mins, then power back on, go into network settings and type the Wi-Fi password in. This works until it loses connection again (seems to happen every 15-60 mins). I have updated it to the latest software and have also tried clearing the alternate MAC address yet nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

Jonathan Harris1, Sep 9, 2022
  2. a123456a Win User

Wireless controllers disconnecting

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation!
  3. jandoedle Win User

Controller lagging/disconnecting unexpectedly

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation.
  4. Arminator Win User

Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

I'd assume your console is connected wirelessly to your WiFi. Since you say the network as well as the controller are disconnecting, I'd guesstimate, that you have a device that also uses the 2.4GHz frequency like the controllers and the WiFi, that interferes
    with your WiFi and wireless controller connection.

It might be a badly shielded microwave oven, or a wireless baby monitor, or a garage door opener remote or one of those remotely switchable power outlets that might cause interference that causes your controller and WiFi to get disconnected.
  5. suic1dal psycik Win User

Wifi Disconnects then Controller

Customer support was able to give me some tips and for the moment it seems like it has fixed my problem with this.

Press the menu key of the controller.

Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.

In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".

Select "Clear persistent storage". (Do this step 3 times)

Next power off the xbox by holding the button on the console for 10 seconds, then unplug the power for at least 1 minute.

Reboot by holding the xbox symbol on the controller so they both turn on at the same time.

When booted go to Settings -> Network -> Advanced Settings -> Select Alternate MAC address -> Select Clear -> Select Restart.

That did it for me, hopefully it helps someone else.
  6. suic1dal psycik Win User

Wifi Disconnects then Controller

I posted what solved my issue on that thread:

Customer support was able to give me some tips and for the moment it seems like it has fixed my problem with this.

Press the menu key of the controller.

Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.

In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".

Select "Clear persistent storage". (Do this step 3 times)

Next power off the xbox by holding the button on the console for 10 seconds, then unplug the power for at least 1 minute.

Reboot by holding the xbox symbol on the controller so they both turn on at the same time.

When booted go to Settings -> Network -> Advanced Settings -> Select Alternate MAC address -> Select Clear -> Select Restart.

That did it for me, hopefully it helps someone else.
Thema:

WiFi and controller disconnecting

1. WiFi and controller disconnecting - Similar Threads - WiFi controller disconnecting

2. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  3. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.: Hi all. I’ve noticed for a while - but never really put it together - every time i play my Xbox, it kicks all my other devices offline. Any suggestions? 58d1736d-a60d-418d-92bc-bf81d1bcea34
  6. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  7. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  8. Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi: I loaded up fifa last night and that's when I first encounted the issue, today I've followed loads of different instructions on here telling me to reset console and other options but I'm still...
  9. Meu Controle de Xbox One não sincroniza com Adaptador via Wifi. (My Xbox One Control does...

in XBoX on Windows
    Meu Controle de Xbox One não sincroniza com Adaptador via Wifi. (My Xbox One Control does...: Comprei um controle do Xbox One para jogar no PC, com o adaptador wireless para ter uma maior mobilidade sem fio, porém o computador não reconhece o controle, quando conecto com cabo usb o...
  10. New Wifi control board....hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Wifi control board....hardware: Hi guys, as the title suggests, can you purchase a brand new Wifi control board? And if so where can you buy them from? Thanks e187eafd-438a-4883-a35c-2ca9307eb14f