Wife locked husband out of his Xbox...please help! Divorce imminent.

Discus and support Wife locked husband out of his Xbox...please help! Divorce imminent. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My husband is flipping the F out because he can't access any of his games, including the Diablo he just purchased, which I was trying to log in for him... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JeniferF, Jun 8, 2023.

1. JeniferF
    JeniferF Guest

My husband is flipping the F out because he can't access any of his games, including the Diablo he just purchased, which I was trying to log in for him to play and got his account locked. Ooops.

We have spent days, to no avail, attempting to recover his account, which Microsoft says "doesn't exist", so that's no help. He doesn't have access anymore to any of his backup emails because he never wrote his passwords down. Aaaand he changed his phone number a couple years ago. So we're at a loss. Anybody have ANY suggestions at all what to do? Please help before he contacts a lawyer. Thank you!

*kidding about divorce...I think

:)

JeniferF, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Looks like this account recovery issue is very urgent than any other, especially when your marriage is at stake. Have you tried recovering your account using this link?

https://account.live.com/acsr

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

you would need to use the recovery form, this can take a few days to a month to process and is not always successful if the right info is not given, if two factor auth was enabled then this wont work and it could be unrecoverable.

not your fault but his technically for not keeping his account details up to date and changing the phone number.

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You'll have to open a ticket with support, no one here has any ability to look at or make changes to your account

please note that it seems very common that people were extremely lax when filling out the details of their account, as it sounds like your husband may have been since he doesn't know what email address he used. All of the things that are identifying that are in the account can be used to verify you, and may be required. They may do things like send a physical letter to your home, but they will likely only sent it to the address already on the account

i'm sorry but this is the best help I can offer you at this time, please contact Support for other options

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

6. JeniferF Win User

Thank you- we did try that already and it didn't work because that email he used for his login wasn't one he ever used to actually send email.

Ugh...so there is nothing we can do to get the money back from buying Diablo, which we never even got to play once?
Thema:

1. Wife locked husband out of his Xbox...please help! Divorce imminent. - Similar Threads - Wife locked husband

2. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  3. Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...: As the question states, I recently bought my wife an Xbox Series X. I changed my account to be home xbox on her account so that she can get access to Game Pass Ultimate like she had on her Xbox...
  4. How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?: The accountis mine, I never added their info to it but it shows and I can't delete it. 26282d4b-fe86-4cb1-bf8d-46467f22d91b
  5. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  6. Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release: Bought it on my account I can play the campaign but my wife can’t really don’t want to pay for it 2 times ad12f14e-5063-4e11-a94a-1e68224f190d
  7. So I have my gamer tag and I have my wife’s on it to now and I wanted to know if I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I have my gamer tag and I have my wife’s on it to now and I wanted to know if I need to...: One Xbox two gamer tags with different emails does it need one or two subs to game pass to get access d4169303-fcd8-468f-9f65-123aad0c3d39
  8. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  9. i am game sharing with my wife i just pre ordered mw3 it still want her to buy it do we...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am game sharing with my wife i just pre ordered mw3 it still want her to buy it do we...: i am game sharing with my wife i just pre ordered mw3 it still want her to buy it do we have to on her xbox till the release date of the game for her to play or do we have to pay for it again?...
  10. Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass: I want link our accounts together in a way so all of our games are shared and we share a single-price Game Pass subscription. I don't need any account monitoring or any other parental control or...