Wi-Fi performance issues or something else?

Discus and support Wi-Fi performance issues or something else? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having some issues with networking from the start, not sure it they're related, but I figured I'd ask the community. It's about my wi-fi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DIMAP71, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DIMAP71
    DIMAP71 Guest

I've been having some issues with networking from the start, not sure it they're related, but I figured I'd ask the community. It's about my wi-fi connection, as a little background, I have a Buffalo Airstation N300 (WZR-HP-G300NH) router, a Comcast Blast
    Internet with about 70 Mbps Down and 20 up. I use an Alienware laptop, Sony BR player and Apple TV in the same room as XBOX One, all connected to the same network with no performance issues at all, beautiful HD video streaming and speeds at over 50 down and
    11 up. XBOX One on the other hand, seems to have some performance issues:

1. Hulu Plus skips forward, appears to be a widespread issue, probably not an XBOX issue...

2. Netflix only streams in low quality, makes no sense.

3. Google Music in browser skips forward, from about half a song to the end.

4. Sometimes XBOX disconnects and I have to reconnect with entering the password again.

I only play Battlefield online and have no issues with that (how weird is that), connection is smooth and not a single crash. XBOX network downloads show ~33 Mbps down and 9 up, 97% signal, based on that, it makes no sense to me to have any media streaming
    issues.

So I'm using Apple TV plugged into the XBOX as TV, that works fine.

Any ideas?

d.

:)

DIMAP71, Jan 3, 2014
  2. diamondback8
    diamondback8 Guest
    Microsoft teaming with Comcast on Wi-Fi issue

Anybody having Wi-Fi issues with Comcast while playing Xbox One will be glad to know Comcast is working on it. Microsoft is working with them to get ahold on what's causing the issue.

Microsot and Comcast working on Wi-Fi issue

Anybody here subscribed on Comcast? And has the issue already resolved?

diamondback8, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Glu10Free
    Glu10Free Guest
    New Xbox One still having problems with wifi?

Didn't realize the Xbox One had Wi-Fi issues? I've never had a problem gaming or streaming on my Xbox One over Wi-Fi and as far as I know, none of my friends have either.

Glu10Free, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest

Hulu and Netflix are having issues it's in the support forums. I get a jitter at times on Netflix and Hulu. Most likely the app company needs to come with an update.

Merlin4421, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Merlin4421 Win User

Hulu and Netflix are having issues it's in the support forums. I get a jitter at times on Netflix and Hulu. Most likely the app company needs to come with an update.
  6. wi7bit Win User

DNS XBOX ONE

If all your devices are getting Wi-Fi, then you must have a router. Else where is the Wi-Fi coming from?
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox not connecting to WiFi may be due to magnetic interference

Wi-Fi Interruptions can be caused by a number of factors. Magnetic interference such as microwaves, speakers and anything else that uses magnets or has them can cause issues with the connection. Other WI-fi signals can also interrupt them too.
  8. Ultratov Win User

VIRGIN MEDIA SUPERHUB

One issue with the superhub is its terrible Wi-fi. I use modem mode with my Netgear router connected. Much much better performance.
  9. AlexanderPuhl Win User

Xbox 360 Wi-Fi network adapter driver.

So the router is capable of both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz, they are both turned on, I have various devices on both. The Xbox 360 slim can see, recognize and connect to both just fine. I wish it wasn't something simple like that.

The problem is once i'm connected to either signals, I get various error codes depending on which ports I've opened up and whatever else I try. Every advise from the xbox forums was tried and none solved the problem until the guys at Linksys looked into
    it further and found the issue is with the drivers for the xbox slim WI-Fi adapter. Bypassing the Wi-Fi adapter with an Ethernet cable solves the problem right away. Others have reported bypassing the Wi-Fi adapter by connecting the Xbox slim to a Wi-Fi bridge,
    basically letting the bridge handle the Wi-Fi part instead of relying on the xbox slim Wi-Fi adapter.

There is literally no stone we haven't turned over in the Linksys forums as to what the issue could be. The experts over there are pretty sure the drivers on the Xbox slim Wi-Fi adapter just need to be updated to the latest protocols and that it's something
    Microsoft needs to release an update for. I figured it was a long shot since the Xbox One is now out and Microsoft would like for everybody to move on to that.
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi performance issues or something else? - Similar Threads - performance issues something

2. What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?

in XboX Insiders
    What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?: For example, from the different sections you think the performance of the friends section. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  4. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  5. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  6. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  7. Why am I being ignored by xbox support about Forza Motorsport performance issues on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being ignored by xbox support about Forza Motorsport performance issues on PC?: I got early access of the new Forza M. The game has so many performance issues on my PC. As a reference: I can play the last Forza Horizon in 4k ultra settings at more than 60fps. The new Forza...
  8. Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?: Around last October to November I was having trouble swapping to a different game so held down the Xbox button and pressed restart console and when it turned on I got error E106 tried...
  9. Xbox One X performance issue on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X performance issue on Minecraft: I’m aware that the Series X|S are capable of running Minecraft at smooth 60fps but, come on, the Xbox One X has more than enough power to run the game. It take 5-8 minutes to load for no reason,...
  10. Xbox One S Performance/Graphics Issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Performance/Graphics Issue.: Hi, I've recently been playing on my Xbox One S and noticed a significant downfall in my FPS, especially newer titles. I had played these titles before with no issues (This was about 7mnths-1yr...