Wi-Fi connections issues with one X when using 3 metre hdmi

Discus and support Wi-Fi connections issues with one X when using 3 metre hdmi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have now bought 2 different 3 metre hdmi leads to try and connect my xbox up to a monitor. For some reason with these leads connected my xbox seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkCatmore, Mar 7, 2020.

1. MarkCatmore
    MarkCatmore Guest

I have now bought 2 different 3 metre hdmi leads to try and connect my xbox up to a monitor. For some reason with these leads connected my xbox seems unable to connect to Wi-Fi???? Its works fine with a shorter lead??? I can't understand how the hdmi lead
    can cause this? Any ideas?

:)

MarkCatmore, Mar 7, 2020
  2. RedCarGamer Win User

Try to
    Factory Reset
    your console. Note: Choose "Keep all games and apps" to not lose any current installations.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

If it is the cable,sounds like a shielding problem. Use better cables
  4. MarkCatmore Win User

I was under the same impression, how can the hdmi affect the Wi-Fi?? However it works ok with a shorter lead, I even tried using the shorter lead to allow the xbox to connect then swapping the leads over, initial it shows the Wi-Fi connected but then after
    a short period it comes up with dns connection error!

I also tried changing the output to 1080p. This seemed to allow the Wi-Fi to connect but again showed DNS error when testing connection!
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

The HDMI and the WiFi should not be conflicting, this may be an issue under the video settings. If you can try using an ethernet connection but I imagine this is an issue with the video settings

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  6. calasp aspinall Win User

Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

If that worked would that prove that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Xbox is at fault ?

As my Xbox series x and Xbox one connect and play perfectly online via the same Wi-Fi
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi connections issues with one X when using 3 metre hdmi - Similar Threads - connections issues using

2. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...
  3. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. HardWare Connectivity Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    HardWare Connectivity Issue: Hey, recently I’ve been having trouble with the connectivity on my console , it won’t recognise any networks or anything. I keep receiving an error message saying something about restarting my...
  6. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  7. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  8. Xbox connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox connection issues: My xbox won't connect to the Internet IPv4 IP address is showing 0.0.0.0however there is an IPv6 address but no option to select it and automatic choice only gives IPv4 option. How can I resolve...
  9. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...
  10. Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S: When trying to play Madden 24, The Show 23, and similar games using Ultimate Game Pass, I get a connection loss notification and the image on the screen is scrambled. I’ve gone through all the...