Why Xbox one takes long time to restart?

Discus and support Why Xbox one takes long time to restart? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So mine is the white Xbox one S, it has been all right for a few years. However last year because green screen stuck very long i did 2 factory resets.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Monica Loo, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Monica Loo
    Monica Loo Guest

So mine is the white Xbox one S, it has been all right for a few years. However last year because green screen stuck very long i did 2 factory resets. I was quite stressed with that, also my buttons hard to press so rather not do that again

Recently i was able to play witcher3, Far cry primal. Sometimes youtube would stay black screen, unresponsive for long time. FC primal just started freezing midway at the loading menu part. I usually try to quit out of the app, then do a restart from menu. The green xbox screen takes quite long to load up but i know it will.

FC primal i had been able to play fine UNTIL you forced me to download system updates. U shouldn make it a must, not every console is compatible! coz it was working ok! no lagging before. This morning i could still play youtube, then when i tried to uninstall a game it freeze.

And your experts staff can say send for repair >: Mine is out of warranty. Can u suggest some better solutions?!

:)

Monica Loo, Feb 12, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Monica. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

It sounds like the hard drive in your Xbox is failing, this can happen after owning it for some time as hard drives usually last around 3-5 years.

> FC primal i had been able to play fine UNTIL you forced me to download system updates. U shouldn make it a must, not every console is compatible!

System updates are compatible with all Xbox One and Series systems. If your console wasn't compatible it wouldn't be offered the update. This also doesn't mean the update caused the issue, if anything it suggests that your console may be faulty.

Sadly the best option would be to send it in for repair, this isn't something that can be fixed with the usual solutions like power cycling and factory resets. You can request a repair from this page: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  3. SomeRanDO Win User

Xbox one booting up,and taking long time to restart,then black screen.

4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Xbox one booting up,and taking long time to restart,then black screen.

5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Taking a long time

Actually it mostly depends from the speed of your net connection. Although sometimes impending updates might cause delay and you will have to clear your console cache like this:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.

Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.

Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.

Plug the power cable back into the console.

Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.

Turn on the console using the power button.
  6. EvilSniper454 Win User

Install taking a long time

Can someone please tell me why NBA2k15 is taking days to install? It's ridiculous......
Thema:

1. Why Xbox one takes long time to restart? - Similar Threads - Why takes long

2. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  3. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  4. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  5. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  6. How long will it take for me to see why I was banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long will it take for me to see why I was banned?: I have been waiting for 6 hours and I do not know why I was banned. 668dbe9e-7ad9-4ff4-938c-4b851e0486ad
  7. Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long: Why is the new system update taking so long, it's been going for three days now because it takes so long to complete and before it does my xbox shuts off because I am not actively using the...
  8. Why does cloud gaming take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cloud gaming take so long?: I am currently getting a 240 minute wait time on fortnite, extremely inconvenient. ce8695b9-52ae-462b-9082-0e35c9b93882
  9. Why is it taking me so long to load into Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it taking me so long to load into Fortnite: Why is it taking me 240 minutes to load Fortnite and then when I wait that long it kicks me out of the app I just want to play with my friends can you please look into this to make your loading...
  10. Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming: I don't recommend this website bcz when I load into the app It says I have to wait 345 minutes 8eb2fe5c-6408-4e32-85c4-c2c12ebc3ceb