Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?

Discus and support Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Evening! I've been banging my head against a wall for weeks trying to figure out why, with my new One S, my headset cuts out for ~10 seconds at a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DevAnthony1, Dec 19, 2018.

  1. DevAnthony1
    DevAnthony1 Guest

    Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?


    Evening!

    I've been banging my head against a wall for weeks trying to figure out why, with my new One S, my headset cuts out for ~10 seconds at a time. Happens upwards of a dozen times in a ten minute match, which is infuriating given that I need to be able to hear
    people coming up behind me. At this point I'm running my controller wired to eliminate WiFi interference and even that didn't remotely fix the issue.

    So in a last-ditch effort, I turned off my cellphone and played a few matches. No cutouts. Consistent sound all the way through. Why would this be?

    Thanks!

    :)
     
    DevAnthony1, Dec 19, 2018
    #1
  2. OK Fowl Win User

    Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?

    That is kind of a strange issue.

    I agree with MarsNeedsTacos try turning of Bluetooth. It does sound like you have localized it down to the phone causing the interference.

    If Turning of BT does not help then I would recommend turning off Wi-Fi and see if that helps. You might also turn of cell service, put in airplane mode to see if that helps. if you figure out which one is the issue Wifi or BT or cell then you might
    have some options when playing.

    Otherwise as At the Nozzle Suggested just place the phone at a distance away where it does not cause the interference.

    Good luck.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

    Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?

    Try turning of Bluetooth on your phone, the Xbox One gamepad uses the BT radio, that's probably the source of the noise.
  4. At the Nozzle Win User

    Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?

    Radio Frequency interference basically. Its hard to filter out. I have similar issues but I keep my phone at least an arm's length away to prevent it.

    Best,

    nozzle :)
  5. GeoffBuck Win User

    Does Xbox One support standard 3.5mm headset

    I use standard 3.5mm headset. It's the type of headset you use with phones with a 3.5mm jack. No microphone so no voice chat. It's just for the sound. The same jack as little earphones for cellphones. Is it possible to plug these in ?
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

    Xbox controller randomly disconnecting - not user error

    Cellphones and third party headset with wireless dongles/receivers are some of the equipment that can cause this interference

    I had disconnection issues but then I realised it was my cellphone. So now when I game, my cellphone is not close to my controller
Thema:

Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset?

Loading...
  1. Why would a cellphone interfere with a 3.5mm headset? - Similar Threads - Why cellphone interfere

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...