Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ?

Discus and support Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox takes me to Microsoft where the sign in page shows up however, the button to actually sign in isn’t available to click on, meaning I can’t sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KaitlynnRose, Dec 6, 2022.

1. KaitlynnRose
    KaitlynnRose Guest

Xbox takes me to Microsoft where the sign in page shows up however, the button to actually sign in isn’t available to click on, meaning I can’t sign in. Any ways to fix this?

:)

KaitlynnRose, Dec 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this KAITLYNNROSE

Please tell me:

If you try connecting the console to a completely different Wi-Fi network, the issue persist or not?
    Did you tried saving / taking a picture of the URL for this authentication website and the enter it directly on Microsoft edge?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this?

This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

Hi 𝔭 𝔯 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 𝔰 𝔰 ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.
    - Are you able to connect another network connection? Like mobile hotspot or other WiFi network.
    - Are you getting an error message?

First, please ensure that your Xbox Series X is within range of your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. If it is, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your Xfinity modem/router. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check that your Xfinity modem/router is not blocking your Xbox Series X from connecting to the Wi-Fi network. You can do this by logging into your Xfinity modem/router's settings and checking the list of connected devices. If your Xbox Series X is not listed, you may need to add it to the list of allowed devices.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network using a wired connection. If this works, it may indicate that there is an issue with the Wi-Fi signal or settings.

Learn more: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Beastman282 Win User

My xbox randomly disconnects from xbox live and i need a solution.

I have an Xbox Series S, My xbox is connected by Wi-Fi and NAT type is open
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it does

Hello Stoop14mc , My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with your Xbox Series S. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix this issue:

Check your Wi-Fi password: Make sure you're entering the correct password when trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your Wi-Fi network. You can check the password on your router or ask your Internet provider to provide you with the correct password if you have forgotten it.
    Restart your router: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and disconnect it from the power source for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and wait for it to reboot completely. Once the router is online again, try connecting your Xbox Series S to the Wi-Fi network.
    Forget Wi-Fi on Xbox: Go to the network settings on your Xbox Series S and look for the option to forget the Wi-Fi network you're trying to connect to. Then try to connect again by entering the correct password. This can help resolve incorrect authentication issues.
    Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Make sure the Xbox Series S is close enough to the router to receive a strong, stable Wi-Fi signal. If you are far from the router, the signal may be weak and cause connection problems. Try moving the Xbox Series S closer to the router and see if that fixes the issue.
    Update your router's firmware: Check if firmware updates are available for your Wi-Fi router and, if necessary, update it to the latest version. Firmware updates often fix compatibility issues and improve connection stability.
    Reset Xbox Series S network settings: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series S. Go to the console's network settings and look for the option to reset settings network. Please note that this will erase any custom network settings and you will need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi connection from scratch.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  6. calasp aspinall Win User

Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

If that worked would that prove that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Xbox is at fault ?

As my Xbox series x and Xbox one connect and play perfectly online via the same Wi-Fi
Thema:

1. Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ? - Similar Threads - Why won’t Xfinity

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t Xbox sign me in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t Xbox sign me in?: Why won’t Xbox sign me in? It keeps logging me out everytime I try to log in? Microsoft comes up & says “ you have logged out “ when I literally JUST logged in 9f58c443-93b7-430a-b2da-d24b89192cd2
  9. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  10. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...