Why won't XBOX tell me what did my 12yo son did to get suspended!!!

Discus and support Why won't XBOX tell me what did my 12yo son did to get suspended!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I received an email this morning telling me my son had been suspended because his account has engaged in inappropriate communications. This can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Booldchimer, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Booldchimer
    Booldchimer Guest

Hello,

I received an email this morning telling me my son had been suspended because his account has engaged in inappropriate communications. This can be something simple such as swearing or something as brutal as hate speech. I agree that if my son was doing something
    such as swearing or hate speech that he needs to be disciplined both from his box account and also at home!

I think as a parent of an under-aged child, I should have every right to be told exactly what he did. I need to know this so I can try to teach my child what he did was wrong. However Xbox seems to feel that I shouldn't be told what he did and that they
    are the best ones to discipline him by suspending his account.

When I asked my son about this he said he had no idea what he did wrong. With my son telling me nothing and xbox telling me nothing, I cannot effectively deal with this situation, as the actions I would take for swearing are greatly different from the actions
    I would take if my son was involved with hate speech!

Xbox enforcement owes me an explanation of what he did!

:)

Booldchimer, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    why did my son get suspended????

The enforcement team wont give you the specifics & your rep has nothing to do with whether you can be suspended or not.

Any report filed against someone has to be investigated which takes time so the chances are your step son was suspended for something that happened weeks ago,not the incident you are describing.

Daft Badger, Jun 14, 2017
  3. why did my son get suspended????

hi,

the web chat team suggested i come on this forum to get some answers!!

My step son was on Rocket League and was negotiating a deal (which is part of the game), but he could not agree a deal as he did not have enough items to sell to get the item he wanted. the other party asked for more but my step son said "I CAN'T ADD PLEASE",
    with no other comments or any agression. the pther party said he was going to report him and then my step son's account got blocked for communicating for 24 hours!

My issue is I can't seem to get the detail around this so we can discipline him if need be, but likewise it seems that as soon as he was reported, he was blocked with no checking whether there was any abuse etc etc.

Please can someone help me as it seems unfair that he has been found 'guilty' without seeing the evidence!

thank you

ASSASS1N SHAD0W, Jun 14, 2017
  4. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest

Enforcement does not use the forums.

An account that violates the
    Code of Conduct
    is subject to enforcement action, regardless of the age of the account holder.

If a parent thinks swearing for a minor is something simple then maybe this is a clue.

When you were notified that "his account has engaged in inappropriate communications" then that was the explanation. Enforcement will not get into specifics partly as to protect the reporting person(s) from harassment.

An Old Freak, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Booldchimer
    Booldchimer Guest
    I was told by Xbox and Microsoft (phoned them both) to post here and a moderator would refer this to enforcement. As for swearing being simple to deal with...... compared to hate speech yeah I stand by what I said.

Booldchimer, Jun 14, 2017
  6. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    Unfortunately phone support still refers people to the forum. The enforcement team no longer use the forum and can only be contacted via https://enforcement.xbox.com.

An Old Freak, Nov 1, 2018
  7. An Old Freak Win User

Unfortunately phone support still refers people to the forum. The enforcement team no longer use the forum and can only be contacted via https://enforcement.xbox.com.
  8. An Old Freak Win User

Code of Conduct

If a parent thinks swearing for a minor is something simple then maybe this is a clue.

When you were notified that "his account has engaged in inappropriate communications" then that was the explanation. Enforcement will not get into specifics partly as to protect the reporting person(s) from harassment.
  9. Booldchimer Win User

Code of Conduct

I was told by Xbox and Microsoft (phoned them both) to post here and a moderator would refer this to enforcement. As for swearing being simple to deal with...... compared to hate speech yeah I stand by what I said.
  10. XtremeSlayer522 Win User

Cannot get a answer why my kid was banned over a avatar being too big.

My son was also suspended from Xbox for supposedly altering his avatar. I looked at his avatar last night and there was nothing wrong with it. No one tell me exactly what he did to his avatar to be suspended.
  11. Daft Badger Win User

why did my son get suspended????

The enforcement team wont give you the specifics & your rep has nothing to do with whether you can be suspended or not.

Any report filed against someone has to be investigated which takes time so the chances are your step son was suspended for something that happened weeks ago,not the incident you are describing.
Thema:

1. Why won't XBOX tell me what did my 12yo son did to get suspended!!! - Similar Threads - Why won't tell

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?: When I open YouTube on my Xbox S I can't play anything. Sometimes it will give me audio but with a blank screen, other times the screen will go black and after a moment it will go close and return...
  6. Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?: Ive tried everything to connect it but it won't work. Sometimes it works but like a day later it stops working randomly. 0316c303-d4c8-4996-81aa-a1f18b205da8
  7. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  8. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  9. Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?: My Xbox for no reason no longer connects to WiFi. When I try set up a WiFi connection it doesn't give me options of nearby WiFi to connect to b032a48d-2b03-44e2-b939-99547c977ddb
  10. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...