Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?

Discus and support Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since buying my xbox ive had to use regular wifi connectivity to play online as my ethernet cord doesnt work 100% of the time. Whenever my wifi is slow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Harry Clayton, May 23, 2024.

1. Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?

Since buying my xbox ive had to use regular wifi connectivity to play online as my ethernet cord doesnt work 100% of the time. Whenever my wifi is slow I always try using the ethernet cord as it has worked on very rare occasions however it hasnt worked in about 3 months now. From getting Nat type issues like "Not detected", "Moderate", and Teredo issues; to having it say open than "The following services are experiencing issues: *Blank*". Very frustrating as just tested the cord on my origin Xbox One for it to working perfectly. Rejigged numerous settings on the Telstra Gateway (My wifi provider moden settings) to no prevail. Any assistance on what to do, or could the port on the xbox just be damaged/broken.

:)

Harry Clayton, May 23, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Harry, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tested another LAN Cable? It's also a good idea to change the LAN Port on your router.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

It the issue persists, I recommend you submit a repair request, as this multiple errors are not normal.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. VELLCROWMobB Win User

Xbox wireless network issue

My Wi-Fi is the working have several other devices connected but my Xbox live won't connect unless I plug in Ethernet yellow cord why is that
  4. ngocphi Win User

HELP

Yep you do know why right ?

Series x controllers are usb type c

If you try and use a xbox series plug and play kit you won't have a controller left or you won't have a working cord

Xbox one and ps4 used usb 2.0 not type c
  5. HIYOHIYO7 Win User

How do i stop my Xbox 360 from making rings.

if i move it the Ethernet cord won't reach my xbox
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

after update

Unplug your Ethernet cord and goto the dashboard->system settings->memory-> then click (LB RB X LB RB X) then click yes. Then your xbox will restart. Plug in your Ethernet cord and connect to xbox live. If this does not fix your issue than Unplug your Ethernet
    cord and goto the dashboard->system settings->memory-> then click "Y" and clear your system catch (spelled it wrong) Then restart your xbox . Plug in your Ethernet cord and connect to xbox live. If this does not fix your issue than call Support ( 1-800-4MYXBOX)
    If you live in the us or canada

Hopes this helps

-Sage
Thema:

1. Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X? - Similar Threads - Why won't ethernet

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  4. Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?: I been having problems with my Xbox one s lately and idk what to do and to broke to get it fix, suggestions 7da4ad2a-bcb1-447b-afa5-e76d0c0dadca
  5. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  6. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  7. Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?: I use an Xbox series X, and for the last two days it has refused to connect to the wifi. It will connect to my hotspot, but not the wifi. It doesn't give an error, just treats it like I'm not...
  8. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  9. Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?: Everytime I make a party or try and join one on my Xbox series S it says party encountered an error and tells me to check my Internet connection. When I check my connection it says everything is...
  10. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...