Why won’t the audio come through my headset even when it detects the headset?

Discus and support Why won’t the audio come through my headset even when it detects the headset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to fix this problem but nothing I do is fixing it and I do have the audio for my headset turned on but it plays it through my tv instead... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KeegzBomb142, Dec 8, 2022.

1. KeegzBomb142
    KeegzBomb142 Guest

I have tried to fix this problem but nothing I do is fixing it and I do have the audio for my headset turned on but it plays it through my tv instead even though I have the setting to mute when a headset is connected

:)

KeegzBomb142, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to hear audio through your headset and us unable to even device detects the headset being plugged in. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

There could be chances we might need to check the specifications of the headset we are trying to use in the device we have. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we confirm if you are trying to connect your headset to an Xbox Console? Or computer? It seems like you are trying to connect it on Xbox Console as your thread's category suggest - Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
    2. What is your headset's make and model? Is this a gaming headset?
    3. Did the manufacturer of the headset have mentioned Xbox Console to be its compatible device to be connected with?
    4. Did you update the headset's driver?
    Here are support articles about Xbox headset set up and troubleshooting for your reference:

Set up and use the Xbox One Chat Headset | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot the Xbox One Chat Headset | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Dark destiny Win User

Music through kinect

Why would they hear this? you use a mic, buy a headset unless you want ugly audio coming through your headset
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Casque arctis 9x le son sort également du téléviseur

Sounds coming from headphones and TV at the same time is normal for the console...the other day I left my stereo on (my TV is wired through it) and couldn't work out why the audio from my headphones sounded different!

As to the audio through a headset being lower quality, that would depend really....if the audio signal for the headset is coming directly from the Xbox (wireless headset or wired), then I'd argue it's better quality than that carried to the TV via the HDMI cable. For me, my wireless headset is plugged into my controller (using an adapter) and the sound quality is miles better than the TV is capable of (is even better than my very good stereo too)
  6. WorldsEmpire Win User

Xbox streaming

my audio from headset is coming through but no game audio.
Thema:

1. Why won’t the audio come through my headset even when it detects the headset? - Similar Threads - Why won’t audio

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  7. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  9. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  10. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc