Why won't some games from game pass launch?

Discus and support Why won't some games from game pass launch? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this issue for around a year now, where i try to open some games and i get the screen saying launching game, but nothing happens. It has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dev ., May 3, 2023.

1. dev .
    dev . Guest

I've had this issue for around a year now, where i try to open some games and i get the screen saying launching game, but nothing happens.

It has happened with dead by daylight, snowrunner, and now redfall along with a few other games.

My assumption is that there is just something wrong internally with my computer at this point

This is a list of the things I have tried to fix the issue:

Ended gaming services

Windows is updated

Repaired and reset xbox app/gaming services

Synced date and time

Reinstalled gaming services by powershell

Offline permissions are on in the Microsoft store

I have also previously reset the computer at least 3 times and nothing worked. Every time i opened the games they just closed a few seconds after.

Last thing to note is specifically with redfall, when i was downloading it i had an error code 0x80070005

I did a couple things to fix it and i think it helped me install it but now the game wont open, so i don't know if there is a deeper issue with my computer or what

:)

dev ., May 3, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry about that. Kindly delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

This will only rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then set up your installation drive, press the Windows Key + I to open Settings. Click System > Storage. On Windows 10, underneath the More storage settings heading, click Change where new content is saved.

To change the default drive for new apps, use the New apps will save to dropdown. On the Xbox app, click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options. Click on General. Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default. Try to check if you can install your games using MS store app.
  3. RichardLamphier Win User

Some games won't launch on Game Pass PC.

Having the dame problem here. Running with an

Amd ryzen 2700x

Ftw ultimate gtx2080ti gpu

16 gb ram 3600mhz

Corsair HX750 PSU

I've had this problem with Wolfenstein 2, as well as gears of war 5. Other games work fine and thats includ8ng wilfenstein 2 after waiting for a few "months."

Other than that, dont really have too many issues (other than the horrible layout of the xbox game bar.) Hope this is a big enough issue to be looked at being resolved, because it jas been goong on since the creation of the beta.
  4. PlushRelic54582 Win User

5. Stuntman_mike Win User

Hello,

Same problem for me this morning, with Dirt Rally 2. Yesterday everything was fine, i was playing, but today, when a press the launch button... Nothing. I follow your process, but nothing happens.

My Windows and GPU's driver have the last update. The only evolution of my plateform is the installation of "A black Tales".

Thanks !

Mickaël.
  6. DanFernandes Win User

I am having the same problem too, the surge works for me but gears ultimate pops up and disappears

Edit: OK I think I figured something so the games that won't open were installed on my other drive like sea of thieves but when I tried to install it on my c drive it opened and I am now playing it so I think some games need to be installed on c drive it
    alo worked with moonlighter and enter the gungeon for me.
Thema:

1. Why won't some games from game pass launch? - Similar Threads - Why won't games

2. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login: every time I open of the xbox website so I can login, every time I move to login and it begins to load the login screen, it loops me back around to the xbox websites main menu. I have tried to use...
  5. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  6. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...: I've been having this issue going on for the past week (since Oct. 17). My boyfriend and I share games through the Home Xbox function, though I do have a few games I've bought for myself...
  9. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...
  10. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...