Why won't Soma install fully/launch on Game Pass on PC?

Discus and support Why won't Soma install fully/launch on Game Pass on PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Soma is now listed to install off the xbox app and when I go to install the download starts and then after a couple of minutes it says its finished.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Suitcxsey, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Suitcxsey
    Suitcxsey Guest

Soma is now listed to install off the xbox app and when I go to install the download starts and then after a couple of minutes it says its finished. When I go to launch it it just closes instantly. I have tried installing other games off the xbox app after this and they are working completely fine.

:)

Suitcxsey, Jan 27, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. Smwutches Win User

Windows 10 Minecraft Download Problem

Since Minecraft is not a Play Anywhere title you would have to purchase the Windows 10 version in order to play it on the PC even though you own it for the Xbox. They are considered different. Same reason as to why it won't install through Game Pass since
    Games Pass is primarily for the console and only games that are also Play Anywhere titles can be downloaded and played on the PC through Game Pass.
  4. Natlivings Win User

games on xbox app wont work

It's just like that, I'm having the same issue, I've formatted the drive, and a fresh windows 11 installation, any game from game pass won't launch.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Cant Buy Xbox Gold Membership

If you bought it from emailed keep.in mind that codes are region specific soma UK code won't work.on a us account
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Game Pass PC: Game Won't Launch.

Hi nye050,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue. May I ask if you are using any 3rd party software on your laptop that may be blocking the loading of games? Something such as RazerCortex or a similar optimization app may be the cause of your issue.
Thema:

1. Why won't Soma install fully/launch on Game Pass on PC? - Similar Threads - Why won't Soma

2. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  3. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  4. Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?: My Xbox for no reason no longer connects to WiFi. When I try set up a WiFi connection it doesn't give me options of nearby WiFi to connect to b032a48d-2b03-44e2-b939-99547c977ddb
  5. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  6. Why won't my xbox switch on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox switch on?: Xbox series X doesn't switch on, why not? b24c95ac-a7ab-4b37-940a-e078975dcddf
  7. Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?: So my xbox does not want to reset what so ever even trying to factory reset it nor does it want to show the loading screen on my TV and I've already switched out the hdmi cord 3 times how do I fix...
  8. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  9. Why won't [mod removed] get suspended when he's calling me the NWORD I've reported it so...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't [mod removed] get suspended when he's calling me the NWORD I've reported it so...: [mod removed] won't get suspended for calling me n NWORD even tho I've reported It multiple times, this isn't fair 3e2a9fbe-ce25-41bb-95ec-962288ca4f3e
  10. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...