Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UncorkedGuppy, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option but when I try to connect it says it cant connect. I end up having to restart my console multiple times as well as try connecting multiple times for it to work, and this isn’t convenient. My Xbox is upstairs and my router is downstairs however this did not impact my Xbox one s previously. Is there anything I can do? I’ve tried clearing the MAC and restarting my console.

:)

UncorkedGuppy, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  3. Nate T999 Win User

Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

I’m having the same issue. I got a series X about 2 weeks ago and it won’t stay connected to WiFi. It usually will only hold connection for a few minutes, anywhere from 2-20 maybe? A couple times it has maintained connection for multiple hours though that is very rare. It sits next to my Xbox One X and a few feet from my PS5, all of which connect to the same WiFi network without issue. Due to location of the router, a hardwire connection isn’t possible.
  4. UncorkedGuppy Win User

Thank you so much for the help, have an amazing night!
  5. Hoskayra Win User

hello again Guppy

I'm very sorry I can't help you, It seems to be an issue that is affecting many gamers and seems to be a widespread emerging problem. I recommend that you help Xbox by reporting the problem via the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click on the green button that says "Report" and fill out the information as thoroughly as possible.

This will let Xbox know that there is a problem with the console's wifi connection and they can work to resolve it as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that on this public forum we are just gamers like you trying to guide and help other gamers. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Regards, Oskayra
  6. UncorkedGuppy Win User

Nothing is wrong with the controllers connection to the Xbox. The main problem is the network connection. Every time I turn on the Xbox it isn’t connected to my wifi, and I either have to restart a couple times and or mess around in order to get it to connect. I just bought this Xbox so this shouldn’t be a problem. What do I do?
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi? - Similar Threads - Why won’t series

2. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  3. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  5. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  6. why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv: okay so christmas is today and my mom had gotten me a new xbox series x. so i have 2 xboxs previously and i upgraded from a series s to x. so as i unplug the series s to plug in the x, that it...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  8. Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?: I just set up my new Xbox series s, and it won’t connect to store. It just says “something went wrong reload this page” nothing is working after multiple tries. I’ve tried the factory resets and...
  9. Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?: I’ve had it for 2 years an ive kept it in great condition. I just looked on other forums an someone said to connect to my hotspot and tried it. It worked but I still can’t get it to connect to my...
  10. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...