Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks?

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why won’t my Xbox one play or even register that I put in a physical copy of a 360 game that is backwards compatible, and it’s not just one game it’s... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dalton Fletcher, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks?

Why won’t my Xbox one play or even register that I put in a physical copy of a 360 game that is backwards compatible, and it’s not just one game it’s all of the games I try from the 360 on disk, what should I do?

:)

Dalton Fletcher, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Sample__Text Win User

does your xbox register when you put an xbox one disk in?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Please try playing a DVD movie, not Blu-ray or 4k
  4. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Crossplay

Hey madman287,

You can play any back-compatible Xbox 360 game on the Xbox One with a person playing the same game on the 360, so long as the person on the Xbox One is playing using a 360 disk. Press the View and Menu buttons together to bring
    up the Xbox 360 menu (On the X1), and create the party there. It won’t allow cross-console party creation, and you need to create an Xbox 360 party, even if both people are playing on an Xbox One on a back-compatible game.
  5. SMP8817 Win User

Backwards compatibility

My Xbox one won't play my 360 Lego pirates of the Caribbean even though that is on the list of backwards compatible games. Why doesn't it work?what can I do?
    Clean your disk and make sure there are no scratches on the disk itself
  6. BiZz N1 Win User

Disc drive ( Chinese ) rubbish

Why does my Xbox series x 87 days old not play any disc whatsoever ?? Won’t play Xbox one game Xbox 360 dvd or Blu-ray won’t play anything it’s the 5th Xbox on the spin to do this ? What’s going on with these crappy drives and power mode ( Microsoft won’t admit there’s a massive problem with their disc drives ! That’s facts
    YouTube has like 50 videos of people not being able to play a game they own on disc I think I’ll get full refund and buy PS5 no way will a Sony product not read discs
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks? - Similar Threads - Why won’t play

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  4. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6
  5. why won’t COD BO2 disc play on my xbox one x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won’t COD BO2 disc play on my xbox one x?: Hey guys I don’t know if i’m just blanking out and there’s an easy solution but i have an xbox 360 cod bo2 disc and i’m trying to play it on my xbox one x, it says on google it’s backwards...
  6. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  7. Why won’t it let me play with my friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me play with my friend?: I keep saying, I have Internet problems even though I have Internet and it lets me load things like Roblox. I have no idea why it is doing this my friend and I’ve tried everything we can do to fix...
  8. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  9. Nba 2k24 won’t let me play the game for some reason, why not?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nba 2k24 won’t let me play the game for some reason, why not?: I press the 2k24 app, it goes to the loading screen and it just says “Do you own this game” I do own the game but it won’t let me play. 7685e3ef-dde7-4467-b46f-30e2ca8cef6f
  10. Why won’t it let me play minecraft when I have the game bourght and owned, it says that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me play minecraft when I have the game bourght and owned, it says that I...: Why won’t it let me play minecraft, I have the game bourght and owned, but now it says I need to renew my game pass subscription? I’ve not had a game pass subscription for a long time and I...