Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I power on my Xbox on it goes straight to the update screen it won’t let me do the update it then takes me to the trouble shoot asking me if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mitchell Orme, May 14, 2023.

1. Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on

When I power on my Xbox on it goes straight to the update screen it won’t let me do the update it then takes me to the trouble shoot asking me if I want to reset the Xbox I try to do the reset and it doesn’t work.

Please can someone help me.

Thanks.

:)

Mitchell Orme, May 14, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

3. Mitchell Orme Win User

Yes it freezing doing the update won’t let the update go past 73% then takes me to the trouble shoot page and give me a long number starting with E102
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Mitchell, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user willing to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to use your console properly
    May I know if you receive an error code when it doesn't update after a while?
    Do you receive something like Exxxx and a bunch of numbers?
  5. Olivia Brown1 Win User

Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address

I tried doing a hard reset and it did not work. I’ve tried restarting both router and Xbox numerous times. Any network setting I try to set manually won’t go through. The MAC address won’t restart after it’s entered. The IP addresses won’t go to the next screen after entering the Gateway IP. What is left to try?

Update:

Now my Xbox won’t turn on. I hit the button, it’s lights up and it makes the noise but immediately turns off. I had to unplug the power source for it to turn back on.
  6. ConorDowning Win User

Xbox one s hardware

It won’t turn on at all, it only shows a black screen and cannot be turned off when the console is powered on.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on - Similar Threads - Why won’t update

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  7. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  8. I’m just wondering why sometimes my games won’t update but the internet connection is great

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m just wondering why sometimes my games won’t update but the internet connection is great: My Xbox sometimes doesn’t update my games but other times it does what do i do 51b1a2b4-e80a-4c4c-a824-481ced8fc537
  9. Why won’t my Xbox do the update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox do the update: Hi I’m having trouble with my Xbox doing the update. It powers up and takes me to the update screen but then after a couple minutes it takes me to a trouble shoot screen and says error E102....
  10. Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?: My xbox says that my captures have been uploaded to the xbox network, however, i check the xbox mobile app and it does not show the newly uploaded captures, and it also shows ones that i deleted...