why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java?

Discus and support why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Xbox game pass on my pc and I have minecraft Java installed, but everytime I go on launcher to play it it says buy now instead of allowing me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fallenbrine, May 26, 2023.

1. Fallenbrine
    Fallenbrine Guest

I have Xbox game pass on my pc and I have minecraft Java installed, but everytime I go on launcher to play it it says buy now instead of allowing me to play, even though I the game pass, any way to fix this issue?

:)

Fallenbrine, May 26, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

3. Gerardo CG Win User

if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the java,edition of minecraft and if so will i still have the account after the subscription runs out

Hi there Zustur, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Minecraft Java Edition is included with Game Pass Ultimate or PC Game Pass, so you should be able to play that edition of the game. If your subscription ends, you will still keep your account; it won't be deleted.

If you have purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC (and not for another device), you should also be able to play Minecraft Java Edition even if you don't have an active subscription.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

X-Box Minecraft java

Got it..just been reading about it. So the upcoming Game Pass PC version will include both the Java Edition and the Bedrock Edition and you can easily switch between the 2 using the Launcher.

So, I see no reason why you won't get the same things as those using the standalone Java Edition...however, as satted before, Game Pass versions are generally the basic version of the game so any Premium only benefits won't be likely available

Edit: Can't really find any specific details on it..may be worth trying to find the Minecraft live segment from 16th October for any more information (on the Minecraft Twitter Feed):

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10...s-for-pc-minecraft-java-and-bedrock-editions/
  5. Maxi Live Win User

Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

Just to add, I think I may of resolved one of the issues.

My Mojang account is the same Email address I use for my Microsoft Game Pass account but it thinks I already own a copy but won't let me open it?

I have migrated using an alternative email address and the process completed, will see in a few days.

That still doesn't explain why I can't open Minecraft Java edition on this account as it says I own it and should also be included with Game Pass?

Thanks,

Peter
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ulitimate for Console and PC inquiry

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

As an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you have access to a wide variety of games on both console and PC. However, it's important to note that Minecraft Java Edition is not included in the Xbox Game Pass library.

Minecraft Java Edition is a separate version of the game that is available for purchase directly from the Minecraft website. It is not included as part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription, even with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

To play Minecraft Java Edition, you would need to purchase it separately through the official Minecraft website. The cost of the game is not covered by the Xbox Game Pass subscription. Once you purchase Minecraft Java Edition, you will have permanent access to the game, regardless of your Xbox Game Pass subscription status.

Keep in mind that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate provides access to a vast library of games across console, PC, and cloud gaming, but the specific titles available can change over time. It's always a good idea to check the Xbox Game Pass catalog to see the current list of games included with your subscription.

I hope this clarifies the situation regarding Minecraft Java Edition and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards.
Thema:

1. why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java? - Similar Threads - why won't game

2. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login: every time I open of the xbox website so I can login, every time I move to login and it begins to load the login screen, it loops me back around to the xbox websites main menu. I have tried to use...
  5. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  6. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...: I've been having this issue going on for the past week (since Oct. 17). My boyfriend and I share games through the Home Xbox function, though I do have a few games I've bought for myself...
  9. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...
  10. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...