Why won’t my Xbox controller stay on?

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox controller stay on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I go to turn it on, I have to hold the power button for there to be light, the light also blinks weird btw, but as soon as I take a finger... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ω TruReligion, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Why won’t my Xbox controller stay on?

Every time I go to turn it on, I have to hold the power button for there to be light, the light also blinks weird btw, but as soon as I take a finger off it’s goes right back off? What do I do?

:)

Ω TruReligion, Mar 17, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Have you tried to update the controller firmware?

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

as a player I can only inform, and The joystick has a 90-day warranty, microsoft does not carry out out-of-date repairs.

If it is within the deadline, request the repair:

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. LukeK82 Win User

Xbox One S wireless controller Not connecting

Hi thanks for replying. I cant acctually pair the controller with the xbox. I pressed both pairing buttons but it won’t pair as the controller light stays black
  4. Francia J. Win User

Controller won’t stay on

Thank you so much for the update and in this case, you may need to get the external hard drive checked, Braden especially if there is no issue if it's not plugged in. I would highly recommend reaching out to Seagate support.
  5. Braden Suggs Win User

Controller won’t stay on

I tried this but it didn’t work whenever I plug it in if my controller ever does stay on it barely works and it moves a lot on its own. Everything works fine when it’s not plugged in.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Controller won’t stay on

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

This may mean that the issue is with your external hard drive. It may have been corrupted which is why every time to plug it into your console it causes issues.

What you can try to do is to reformat the drive to try and fix it. Please follow the steps below:

"Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.

Select your device, and then select Format."

Once done, remove the hard drive, then perform a power cycle, and test if the issue will still persist.

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox controller stay on? - Similar Threads - Why won’t controller

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox controller work: Tried calling Microsoft for help with an Xbox controller as it will not turn on. I called Microsoft and it just repeatedly says the same things, I want to speak to an agent on the phone but it...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller: I just moved it from one room to another and it turns on but it’ll turn off after 5 minutes, it won’t sync with the controller and the tv won’t bring up anything 91554bea-535f-4835-b708-6891c5fe6422
  8. Where is my controller replacement and why won’t anyone call me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller replacement and why won’t anyone call me?: My controller was... a custom Elite Series 2, the website says Your replacement device has been delivered, below that it says 11/10/23 the supposed delivery date then below the date it says Order...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  10. why won’t my console start when my controller is on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won’t my console start when my controller is on?: why won’t my console start when my controller is on? a8d5678b-7b12-4d9b-9eba-7b2ae913eb92