Why won’t my Xbox connect to wifi

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox connect to wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox sires x will not connect to the new wifi we got it will connect to my mobile hotspot but not the wifi. The phones will connect to the wifi just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deven Edwards, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Why won’t my Xbox connect to wifi

My Xbox sires x will not connect to the new wifi we got it will connect to my mobile hotspot but not the wifi. The phones will connect to the wifi just not the xbox

:)

Deven Edwards, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why won’t my WiFi connect

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LULDURTY

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :

If you try connecting the console using an ethernet cable the issue persists or not at all?
    So, the issue persists if you connect the console to a completely different wifi network?
    For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and try connecting your console in that way
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
    And, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I would recommend forgetting all the networks that the device has saved, and connecting only the new wifi network.

to do that please:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

3. Use the option to Forget wireless network to clear your current wireless connection

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  5. Ben4724 Win User

Why won’t my Xbox connect to my wifi

Hello! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to this problem, possible that it is due to the settings of your new Wi-fi reason as to why it is not connecting there but it is connecting with other Wi-fi router.

On cases like this, try to ask your internet provider to open the following ports required for Xbox connection:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port UDP 4500 (UDP)

In case there are still problems connecting to this specific Wi-fi router, you may also check this Xbox troubleshooting page for things needed to check to troubleshoot wireless connection https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...

I hope the information helps somehow. Feel free to post back in the community if there are still problems and we will try our best to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  6. xClampyy Win User

Zyxel: MAC Filtering

there isn’t an active box. there are disable, allow, or deny boxes though. my xbox was connected to the internet fine then the xbox randomly turned itself off and it won’t connect. i’ve reset the wifi and everything.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Why won’t connect

2. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  6. why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv: okay so christmas is today and my mom had gotten me a new xbox series x. so i have 2 xboxs previously and i upgraded from a series s to x. so as i unplug the series s to plug in the x, that it...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  8. Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?: I just set up my new Xbox series s, and it won’t connect to store. It just says “something went wrong reload this page” nothing is working after multiple tries. I’ve tried the factory resets and...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller: I just moved it from one room to another and it turns on but it’ll turn off after 5 minutes, it won’t sync with the controller and the tv won’t bring up anything 91554bea-535f-4835-b708-6891c5fe6422