Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

Discus and support Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shiloh_69, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Shiloh_69
    Shiloh_69 Guest

Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I don't know what to do anymore

:)

Shiloh_69, Mar 18, 2023
  2. LiamVaughan__ Win User

Trying to install Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox S

Thank you for the response but I have tried that before and I tried it just. Its a new disc but the disc drive still does not read it. My xbox reads my Black Ops 2 xbox 360 disc so I don't understand why it won't read my L4D2 disc which is undoubtly cleaner.
    I know I need to go to my games and apps and it should pop up there, but it doesnt.

Thank you for the response anyway :).
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and everything I do doesnt work

Please try other games or DVD movie is in the Drive
  4. Wraith78 Win User

Disc Read Error

I'm having the disc read error as well. The odd thing about mine is that it actually let me install the disc but I can still hear it reading when I go into multiplayer. Sometimes it lets me play for a while but then randomly pops up a disc read error.
    I have had no other issues with my other games.
  5. EuanSmith2 Win User

Error code 0x82d40007

I own GTA 5 on disc. The loading screen pops up showing my xbox is reading the disc correctly but its sortly changed onto that error code.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox triangle with an exclamation on them ⚠️

So when you put a disc in, the disc is read, and then the game tile shows up with the disc icon showing on it? If not, then it is not reading the disc, which will be why the games won't work.
Thema:

1. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and... - Similar Threads - Why won't 360

2. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  3. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  4. Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?: My Xbox for no reason no longer connects to WiFi. When I try set up a WiFi connection it doesn't give me options of nearby WiFi to connect to b032a48d-2b03-44e2-b939-99547c977ddb
  5. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  6. Why won't my xbox switch on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox switch on?: Xbox series X doesn't switch on, why not? b24c95ac-a7ab-4b37-940a-e078975dcddf
  7. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  8. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. Why won't my xbox status change from an xbox 360 game after I play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox status change from an xbox 360 game after I play it?: Hi, I had bought a lego Batman game since it was on sale for $4.99 at the time, once I installed it, everything went great. Once I got off the game, turned off my xbox, my friend had texted why I...