Why won’t my WiFi connect

Discus and support Why won’t my WiFi connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; No matter what I do I cannot connect my Xbox series s to any WiFi networks, all other devices in my house connect perfectly fine but for some reason my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LulDurty, Sep 5, 2022.

1. LulDurty
    LulDurty Guest

No matter what I do I cannot connect my Xbox series s to any WiFi networks, all other devices in my house connect perfectly fine but for some reason my Xbox refuses to connect. Please help.

:)

LulDurty, Sep 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LULDURTY

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :

If you try connecting the console using an ethernet cable the issue persists or not at all?
    So, the issue persists if you connect the console to a completely different wifi network?
    For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and try connecting your console in that way
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
    And, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  4. Nathan Bland Win User

My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it says the password is wrong but I am entering the right one, what can I do to fix that?

I tried that and it is still showing that it won’t connect to the wifi
  5. Miguel Molina O Win User

Why won’t my Xbox connect to wifi

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I would recommend forgetting all the networks that the device has saved, and connecting only the new wifi network.

to do that please:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

3. Use the option to Forget wireless network to clear your current wireless connection

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  6. FrankLara3 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

My console is connected via Ethernet and My data connection is slow in places like school but it used to work everywhere else,the WiFi is fine but it won’t work
Thema:

1. Why won’t my WiFi connect - Similar Threads - Why won’t WiFi

2. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  6. Why won’t Xbox sign me in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t Xbox sign me in?: Why won’t Xbox sign me in? It keeps logging me out everytime I try to log in? Microsoft comes up & says “ you have logged out “ when I literally JUST logged in 9f58c443-93b7-430a-b2da-d24b89192cd2
  7. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my wifi: Why when I got a new Wi-Fi router my Xbox stopped connecting to the wifi but will connect to any other type of Wi-Fi what’s wrong with my xbox 7174a7ed-d530-47ef-86b3-f9908e138c1e