Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live?

Discus and support Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Team The console has suddenly decided not to connect to Xbox live. Have done all the usual troubleshoots as suggested on Microsoft website, even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by paul croley, Dec 12, 2022.

1. paul croley
    paul croley Guest

Hi Team

The console has suddenly decided not to connect to Xbox live. Have done all the usual troubleshoots as suggested on Microsoft website, even did a total reset to factory settings. Internet/wireless connection is fine. Nothing has changed or been moved. Connection test successful every time until the last stage 'Xbox Live' connection. Pulling my hair out. Please help! Paul Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live? :)

:)

paul croley, Dec 12, 2022
  2. South O Guy Win User

Mine does the same thing. I cleared the cache as was suggested and still got the 8015901 error code.

Xbox One and Playstation 4 and Ipads connect fine so I don't think it is a problem with my Wi-Fi.
  3. NukedPratorian Win User

Mine started doing that last night nothing seems to fix it. My Xbox one is fine though.
  4. paul croley Win User

Ok, followed your steps & made no difference i'm afraid. Many thanks anyway. Maybe there is a problem beyond my console & it will right itself at some point, if others are having the same problem??
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Paul, we've received some similar occurrences regarding Xbox 360 logins and also games in backward compatibility on Xbox One, while we have no official position from Microsoft.

I'll pass you a procedure to run the console to see if it connects.

Cache 360

Clear the console cache this way:

1. Press the XBOX button on the controller, go to "Settings" and select "System Settings".

2. Select "Storage".

Highlight, but don't select, a storage device and press the Y button on the controller to access Device Options.

Note: It doesn't matter what storage device you select. This will clear all storage devices from the cache.***

3. On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

4. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select "Yes."

Note: After successfully clearing the system cache, you will return to the Storage Devices screen. Press the XBOX button on the controller to return to Xbox Home.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello Paul, we have seen some similar occurrences here in the community, so I recommended you to cache cleanup, but I do not think it is something in the console, but at the moment we have no official position of Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Why won't son's

2. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  3. Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?: When I open YouTube on my Xbox S I can't play anything. Sometimes it will give me audio but with a blank screen, other times the screen will go black and after a moment it will go close and return...
  4. Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?: Ive tried everything to connect it but it won't work. Sometimes it works but like a day later it stops working randomly. 0316c303-d4c8-4996-81aa-a1f18b205da8
  5. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  6. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  7. Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?: My Xbox for no reason no longer connects to WiFi. When I try set up a WiFi connection it doesn't give me options of nearby WiFi to connect to b032a48d-2b03-44e2-b939-99547c977ddb
  8. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  9. Why won't my xbox switch on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox switch on?: Xbox series X doesn't switch on, why not? b24c95ac-a7ab-4b37-940a-e078975dcddf
  10. Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?: So my xbox does not want to reset what so ever even trying to factory reset it nor does it want to show the loading screen on my TV and I've already switched out the hdmi cord 3 times how do I fix...