Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360?

Discus and support Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My settings won't save when I turn off the console 921a7cd0-cdab-42ec-98ec-2f5856439bfa Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lord linden, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Lord linden
    Lord linden Guest

My settings won't save when I turn off the console

:)

Lord linden, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Lord, this can happen for a number of reasons, but the main one will be the 360's system.

Try to perform the procedures below.

Cache 360

Clear the console cache like this:

1. Press the XBOX button on the controller, go to "Settings" and select "System Settings".

2. Select "Storage".

Highlight, but do not select, a storage device and press the Y button on the controller to access Device Options.

Note: The selected storage device does not matter. This procedure will clear all cache storage devices.***

3. On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

4. When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, select "Yes".

Note: After successfully clearing the system cache, you will be returned to the Storage Devices screen. Press the XBOX button on the controller to return to Xbox Home.

Roll back and reinstall system updates.

To do this:

In the console, go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Highlight the memory unit

Enter the following sequence of buttons: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X

This opens the Delete System Update window.

Select Yes.

This restarts the console.

If it does not work after this procedure, we advise you to wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue.
  3. StephenCasemore Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Light Won't Turn Off & Other Problems

the xbox 360 will take a minute or two to turn off ordinarily as it will download and upload when its turned off (normally this is due to it syncing game saves to and from the cloud)

not too sure why its staying on for hours though unless you are downloading a game, try turning off "download when console off" in settings and see what happens.
  4. BreenX Win User

Game updates downloading only on default drive not the drive the game resides on

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Well, firstly, I have plenty of room on all of my drives, soooooooooooooo that is not a factor. I have my Xbox One X set to stand by as my power setting. And I do have my external drives set to turn off when my Xbox is turned
    off. The "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" is chosen in my settings. And I have my default drive as my external WD 4TB. With all that said, my Xbox is not choosing where a file is already sitting. And my
    Xbox sees all of my drives all of the time.

I will try the "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" as unchecked. Maybe that will make a difference . . . but if my default drive is an external drive . . . . and games are downloading there, new and updates . . . . . and "When Xbox is off, turn off
    the storage" is checked . . . why would anything still be put there if "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" it's off . .. . . ? I do understand the instructions, but as to what that means as far as "when xbox is this, external drives will do this" setting
    it's hard to differentiate. Because you have the xbox that can be completely shut down vs. stand by, and how does those settings inform the "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" setting. You tell me.

Thanks

B
  5. WinsomeSword Win User

xbox live profile wont load and freezes xbox

It is a good idea though to never turn your Xbox off when something is loading or saving. That's why it says "Do not turn off Power when saving"
  6. ClerklyDruid27 Win User

Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account

My son said he logged on and went to My Account, then Security Family and Forums, and Xbox 360 settings, but Xbox won't let him to change the settings. Xbox said like this:"You want to change your privacy and online safety settings, but you’re unable to
    make the changes."

Then i tried to log on with my account (Parental Account). Then i went to My Account, Security Family and Forums, Xbox 360 Settings for my son's account, and i have changed his Xbox 360 settings, then i clicked on "Save" button. But when i check his Xbox
    360 Settings, the settings i made was gone, and the settings turned back just like before i change. I tried 5 times but it still the same. And my son still can't accept any friend request.
Thema:

1. Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - Why won't settings

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?: When I open YouTube on my Xbox S I can't play anything. Sometimes it will give me audio but with a blank screen, other times the screen will go black and after a moment it will go close and return...
  6. Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?: Ive tried everything to connect it but it won't work. Sometimes it works but like a day later it stops working randomly. 0316c303-d4c8-4996-81aa-a1f18b205da8
  7. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  8. Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings: Why won't anything load on my Xbox series S not even settings. cb33fe2b-c145-46a1-ae30-9489e942a2fe
  9. why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?: When i'm playing fifa I can't save controller settings on second account. one account lets me change settings (auto/manual shot assist, player lock, etc) but the other goes back to what it...
  10. Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all: Spoken to is and all good their side console won't budge 96190244-6b3d-4df2-bfb8-84fe035a39fa