Why won't my new Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs?

Discus and support Why won't my new Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs. Say's incompatible. b7fdce96-c4ca-4574-a04d-353d386aad82 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShawnSteen, Feb 12, 2023.

1. ShawnSteen
    ShawnSteen Guest

Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs. Say's incompatible.

:)

ShawnSteen, Feb 12, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This will depend on the game. May I ask what 360 games you have?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S is not playing certain DVDs

I take it Blu-Ray disc movies are working okay? Have you tried many of the ones you own? Games are detected?

Bear in mind that the Xbox One S, One X and the current Series X actually have two lasers, one for reading DVD discs (including Xbox 360 discs) and one for reading Blu-Ray discs, which also includes Xbox games as they are also on BD-Disc.

If the DVD laser is giving out, it won't read certain DVD discs, and this is likely the reason for the issues you are experiencing. This is also why Blu-Rays and Xbox One games are not effected. There is nothing wrong with your DVD's, it's the console's optical drive that is faulty.
  4. LiamVaughan__ Win User

Trying to install Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox S

Thank you for the response but I have tried that before and I tried it just. Its a new disc but the disc drive still does not read it. My xbox reads my Black Ops 2 xbox 360 disc so I don't understand why it won't read my L4D2 disc which is undoubtly cleaner.
    I know I need to go to my games and apps and it should pop up there, but it doesnt.

Thank you for the response anyway :).
  5. Smwutches Win User

XBOX 360 games on X|S

A Series S doesn't have a disc drive, so it won't read any discs.

That game is not backwards compatible so it won't work on a newer console.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 discs no longer work on Xbox One X

Hi,

You've said you've tried blu-ray discs and Xbox One discs but have you tried DVD discs?

Xbox 360 games are on DVD and my guess is that DVD won't play either.

The reason why they won't play is that DVD diode for reading these discs has failed. Other discs work because that laser diode is still working.

Try a DVD disc. If it does not work you'll need a repair.
Thema:

1. Why won't my new Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs? - Similar Threads - Why won't Series

2. Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings: Why won't anything load on my Xbox series S not even settings. cb33fe2b-c145-46a1-ae30-9489e942a2fe
  3. Why won't my Xbox Series X "add new" page open?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox Series X "add new" page open?: Nothing was loading on my Xbox Series X so I saw on here to try a Console Reset, so I did that and then when I came to re-add my account, the Add new page won't open and just stays on the loading...
  4. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  5. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  6. I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?: Preordered MW3 on my series X, which should allow me to play the open beta and it won't let me. I downloaded everything. When I launch the game, it says I need to have the Vault edition but that's...
  7. Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?: Hello, I've tried to restart my Xbox multiple times and connect to it multiple times, but it will not connect. Please help? 7086b439-5d29-4fb8-9670-0326036d3e1a
  8. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...
  9. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25
  10. Why won't my Xbox Series S will not download Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox Series S will not download Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2?: I have it plugged in directly to ethernet. I am not running it on wifi. I have power cycled it. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall it. I have reset my xbox. Is there something going on with...