Why won’t my modern warfare game launch from the Home Screen? It says it needs an update...

Discus and support Why won’t my modern warfare game launch from the Home Screen? It says it needs an update... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my modern warfare 2 game will not update or launch from the Home Screen. I tried to un install the game and now it won’t let me re install the game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by . bojangles, Oct 28, 2022.

1. . bojangles
    . bojangles Guest

Why won’t my modern warfare game launch from the Home Screen? It says it needs an update...

my modern warfare 2 game will not update or launch from the Home Screen. I tried to un install the game and now it won’t let me re install the game.

:)

. bojangles, Oct 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why won’t my modern warfare game launch from the Home Screen? It says it needs an update but the game will not update.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Demonswordgirl Win User

Call of duty modern warfare wont let me play multiplayer

My game duty modern warfare is when I turn it on it says please install multiplayer but I already installed stalled all the packs it and it won’t let me play Online idk why The other day I was playing online I don’t know what happen unless they’re updating
    it. Doesn’t say it needs an update so wrong With call of duty Mondern warfare ? Please help out
  4. xkaczeqx xkaczeqx Win User

Hey! I cant Access the modern warfare 2019 campaign or anything . After downloading everything after i am opening campaign it kick me out of game and the game just restarts. I need help

Hey! It is me again. Sorry for this long wait. Game is still bugged. I re downloaded it and it was in polish . But it was saying that i need to buy modern warfare (I downloaded all files from microsoft store [campaign 1, campagin 2 and all others]) I took disc out and put it back and It was saying that I need to update the game. After waiting such a long time i something weird happened. There was two modern warfare icons. Now one was saying in english and second the same, and there was "buy modern warfare ". Do you know why that is happening?
  5. JackTrainor Win User

It's not letting me play campaign/multiplayer on Modern Warfare

No nothing like that, just at the home screen it says I've to purchase Modern Warfare even though the disc is in the Xbox and is installed and all the game add on are installed too
  6. jt jt1 Win User

MW3 not working

I just finished downloading cod mw3 and now it won’t let me play anything it keeps saying need to purchase modern warfare 3 but I already have?!?!
Thema:

1. Why won’t my modern warfare game launch from the Home Screen? It says it needs an update... - Similar Threads - Why won’t modern

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?: To play modern warfare it tells me to download all the add-ons, but there is one which i cannot download. I can press install and see it in queue but when it starts to download it says update the...
  9. Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just gets stuck on installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just gets stuck on installing: So I tried playing modern warfare 2 but it said that it was corrupted and needed to be reinstalled but now it won’t reinstall. I’m downloading a disc and I have enough storage for it. I’m also not...
  10. Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just keeps getting stuck on installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just keeps getting stuck on installing: So I tried playing modern warfare 2 but it said that it was corrupted and needed to be reinstalled but now it won’t reinstall 5e4fae5d-c91c-440a-bcfe-86c40cbff2fb