Why won’t my games open?

Discus and support Why won’t my games open? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Some of my xbox games that I’ve downloaded onto my windows 10 pc won’t open. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled. I’ve repaired the game, I’ve updated... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ryan pelletier, May 9, 2023.

1. Why won’t my games open?

Some of my xbox games that I’ve downloaded onto my windows 10 pc won’t open. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled. I’ve repaired the game, I’ve updated windows.

How do I fix this?

:)

ryan pelletier, May 9, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Why won’t my games open?

Hi, Ryan. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and the Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app, try launching the game again using the Xbox app, and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to launch the game again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. [ A J ] Win User

why won’t Minecraft open?

Thank you, Will!

Have a lovely day/night, and take care.
  4. Will Senn-McNally Win User

So I ended up buying gamepass. And now it works, thanks you so much for your help.
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Will!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Please sign in to the account you used to buy the game at: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

- Select "All Categories" and "All available" from the two drop-down menus at the top of your order history.

- Look for your Minecraft purchase and let me know if it shows as "Completed".
  6. Will Senn-McNally Win User

After all that you told me to do, it still isn’t working. Is also is asking if I have rights to the game, what else do you suggest?

Also on the home page of Xbox, as soon as you turn it on, at the bottom of the game’s thumbnail, there’s a triangle with an exclamation mark inside it.

I don’t know if that is useful info.
Thema:

Why won’t my games open?

1. Why won’t my games open? - Similar Threads - Why won’t games

2. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  3. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  4. Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?: I recently got an Xbox One disc copy of Mortal Kombat 11 to play on my Xbox Series X. Ever since I got it, I’ve been dying to play the story mode, but it wouldn’t let me in game. I tried going to...
  5. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  6. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  7. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  8. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...: My Roblox won’t let me install it and play it. I have tried restarting my Xbox. I’ve tried clearing my cache. Tried hard resetting. I’ve tried it all. The game will start to install but stop at...
  10. Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work: cV: asQdFCzb2E5dSppoQaiTt0.0.0 1ff8f482-ef4a-451f-98d5-afb1a4b64b47