Why won’t my game launch

Discus and support Why won’t my game launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to play the walking dead definitive series on the Xbox series X and the game won’t launch. When I uninstalled it, and tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kaitlyn Beal, May 2, 2023.

1. Kaitlyn Beal
    Kaitlyn Beal Guest

Why won’t my game launch

I have been trying to play the walking dead definitive series on the Xbox series X and the game won’t launch. When I uninstalled it, and tried to reinstall it I was met with installation stopped.

:)

Kaitlyn Beal, May 2, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Why won’t my game launch

Hi, Kaitlyn. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up manual DNS settings then install the game.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Try installing the game after that and see if it works.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Risdene Win User

Xbox One and Minecraft

Hi, thanks again

But how can I launch the game first if the game won’t launch anyway?

Grateful for your patience. IT isn’t my first preference:(
  4. Francia J. Win User

My game won’t launch

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support:

"This may mean we’re having trouble checking usage rights."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...

I would like to clarify, is this a disc game? If yes, make sure that the physical disc is inside of the console.

If this is a digital game, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the game order for the game stated as "completed".
  5. BenUk_369 Win User

Xbox 360

It plays if I go to my download history and launch it from there but I have to be signed into Xbox live, it won’t launch offline
  6. BenUk_369 Win User

Xbox 360

Hi. Yes I’m using the right profile other games I’ve downloaded works fine it’s just gta 5 won’t launch unless I’m online and launch it from my download history or Xbox live
Thema:

Why won’t my game launch

1. Why won’t my game launch - Similar Threads - Why won’t game

2. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  3. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  4. Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?: I recently got an Xbox One disc copy of Mortal Kombat 11 to play on my Xbox Series X. Ever since I got it, I’ve been dying to play the story mode, but it wouldn’t let me in game. I tried going to...
  5. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  6. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  7. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  8. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...: My Roblox won’t let me install it and play it. I have tried restarting my Xbox. I’ve tried clearing my cache. Tried hard resetting. I’ve tried it all. The game will start to install but stop at...
  10. Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work: cV: asQdFCzb2E5dSppoQaiTt0.0.0 1ff8f482-ef4a-451f-98d5-afb1a4b64b47