Why won't my game install on my Series X?

Discus and support Why won't my game install on my Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to reinstall a game on my Series X for about 3~ days now because I finished a few years ago on my Xbox One before any of the DLC came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PurplyGreen, Mar 10, 2023.

1. PurplyGreen
    PurplyGreen Guest

I've been trying to reinstall a game on my Series X for about 3~ days now because I finished a few years ago on my Xbox One before any of the DLC came out and wanted to replay the game with all of the DLC. What will usually happen when I try to install it is:

• I put in the disc
    • The game starts to install
    • The game has an upgrade for enhanced visuals (yay, sounds cool)
    • I let the game install its upgrade up until about 750~ megabytes installed
    • The game stops installing
    • I restart the installation
    • It installs anywhere from nothing to 2 or 3 megabytes more
    • Rinse and repeat until frustration sets in
    I've tried nearly everything in my power to get this game to install, from downloading on the app, which doesn't work because for some reason it just installs a save data converter for the game (unrelated side note, why is the save converter 44 gigabytes? it just seems like a waste of storage space for no reason). I've tried installing it offline, resetting my console, resetting assorted internet settings, etc.. I'm 90% sure it isn't the disc, I've had it for 2 years and it's somehow still crystal clear, only harboring 2 or 3 scratches. Below I've attached a few images of the disc and the game's progress.
    Why won't my game install on my Series X? [​IMG]

^The disc, perfectly cleaned and pristine

^The game not installing

^The game downloadable using the Xbox app, only converts save data from the Xbox One version of the game.

I really just want to be able to play the game at this point, so any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

:)

PurplyGreen, Mar 10, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

So I cannot speak to a specific, however, if the system is reading the disc, in theory, download it from the app will allow you to play. Beyond that I can’t make any guarantees.

You need to contact Bandai about the specifics of their product.
  3. PurplyGreen Win User

First, thank you for the reply. I've checked using a light and it would appear that a small amount of disc rot has somehow set in. The disc is still legible enough for the Xbox to tell what it is and that it's in the console, however. If I were able to download the game off the Xbox app, like I'm supposed to be able to do I'd still be able to play the game. How would one go about getting the download on the app fixed to actually be able to download the game instead of a save converter (e.g. who or what would I need to contact to report the download not working as intended)?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Uodates while installing have always been janky

Also the disc will stop installing until downloads complete. Install and then do any upgrades

You’d have to ask Bandai about the size of it, but discs can fail at any time, if they are not manufactured correctly. Disc rot can set in in and weeks, months, or years, depending on how much oxygen gets between layers. You need a microscope to see it

I have a lot of criterion Blu-rays that rotted
  5. Sawyer Dunn Win User

Why don’t it let me play 2k24

My Xbox series x 2k24 game won't install and says I have to buy the game for like 30 to 40$ when I have the disc
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

1. Why won't my game install on my Series X? - Similar Threads - Why won't game

2. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login: every time I open of the xbox website so I can login, every time I move to login and it begins to load the login screen, it loops me back around to the xbox websites main menu. I have tried to use...
  5. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  6. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...: I've been having this issue going on for the past week (since Oct. 17). My boyfriend and I share games through the Home Xbox function, though I do have a few games I've bought for myself...
  9. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...
  10. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...